Sun, Oct 6, 6:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I am befuzzzzzeled O.o

Hyria ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 10:49 AM · edited Fri, 24 November 2023 at 9:11 AM

My .jpg images I have been saving or even that I get with textures are getting changed to an SCITEX document. I am on a Macintosh computer but it has never happened before with my lil Photosop LE program.

Anybody know what the heck is SCITEX or how I can stop it from doing it?

Thanks guys :) Sorry I forgot to mention. Any picture document I save as a .jpg gets saved as a SCITEX. I have to use FileBuddy to change the creator and file type to a .jpg document. It is really annoying. Thanks again :)

Message edited on: 09/25/2004 10:54

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

jstuartj ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 11:41 AM

Well scitex (now Creo), made highend retouch and assembly stations in the 80' and still makes array of RIPs, scanners, and other prepress equimpment. The Scitex format is used in most of their equipment workflows. The format you see is Scitex's handshake format, it's used for sharing files among other software and equipment. The handshake format consists of 3 linked files a Linework File (.LW),Contone (.CT), and sometimes a Flight (.FT) file which hold info and links to the other two. Photoshop can only open and save Handshake(.CT) files, Linework(.LW) Files require a seperate commercial plug-in. Tt sound as if your your resource fork is not mapping correctly if using OS9 or lower. But for the life of me I can't recall how to correct it and I no longer use a Mac so I can't check. Perhap a control pannel or "info" the file and see if it can be adjusted from there. The simplist thing would be to reinstall photoshop and see if that corrects the problem. J. Stuart J.

Hyria ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 12:48 PM

It's not just Photoshop, it happens with any pic saved to .jpg format. Even when I use Macconverter to change my poser pc files to mac, it has always used Pictureview to open the pics yet it doesn't now...they all turn to Scitex. I have trashed the preferences file for File Sharing and File Exchange. I am not on a network so there are no other comps connected and I do not use multiple users nor file sharing. Thanks.

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.