Sat, Sep 21, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Chromecafe's SWAT Team In A Large-Scale Poser Desert Set

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 5:08 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:32 AM

Attached Link: Chromecafe's SWAT Team In A Large-Scale Poser Desert Set

file_137855.jpg

People keep asking about (and complaining about) all the problems of importing Poser animations into Bryce- well, why don't they just do it in Poser? It ain't perfect, but it doesn't cost what Lightwave or 3D Studio costs. Here's Cromecafe's great SWAT characters on a large-scale Poser desert set. The background was done in Bryce, and it shows that large outdoor sets are quite possible in Poser. The weapons are by Counter-Strike, and the chopper is by TBKoen and Fastraxx (which allows for whirling blades as your bird lands and lifts off the landing zone). Why export your animations out of Poser- (unless you can afford to move up to pro-level software...)

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 12:59 PM

Nice demo, but what are the swat guys after in the desert? ;-) About whirling blades...the ProPack will enable motion blur for Poser animations I hear. -JH.

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 1:35 PM

Aliens! I had also wanted to include Grey's Alien popping up from a manhole cover, but didn't have time. My other thought was to have the Alien hiding behind a rock puffing a cigarette (a classic pose that came with the Alien).

TBKoen ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for posting it man. Holdup but wait! is that my helicopter? (Well, it's actualy not my mesh, but i made it poseble and gave it some UVCoordinates:)) I like the pic!

chromecafe ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 9:28 PM

Nice to see someone using the suit JD

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 2:25 AM

These are some really great characters and props and I think are greatly appreciated by many people. Faeries, monsters, etc. are fine... but some realistic items for use with the many other good 3D models of planes, helicopters, jeeps, trucks helps a lot in my own renders. I didn't use the gasmask yet but it occured to me that with the football helmet prop it might also work well as a jet pilot mask too (another item I have been looking for as I have a number of nice 3D jet aircraft- without pilots). Your swat suits could also be converted to good Army-Marine outfits with some good camo textures (which I am working on). A big thanks to you Chromecafe and TBKoen for making these items available. And I will keep you informed about any A.F. pilot or Army-Marine textures, etc. (I think others out there will be interested too).

chromecafe ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 2:56 AM

Hmmm flightsuit I wonder MAX here I come

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 3:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.flightsuits.com

GREAT! Here's a really good link for photos of flightsuits, helmets, etc. Probably the best website for flightsuit reference...

JanP ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2000 at 10:50 AM

Poser is nice but the biggest issue I have is that textures(like foir the ground) are not tileable. If you need a wide area. Your ground texture has to be super super large in order to retain its sharp detail. I felt that it was awfully ignorant of Ghost Effects not to include tileabilty

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.