Wed, Sep 18, 3:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: what am I doing wrong?

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:17 AM Ā· edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 1:48 AM

file_131230.jpg

I have done this many times in the past but am just not getting what am I doing wrong now? I have the fish with the black background loaded in the first window and the white outline of the fish w/ black background loaded inthe second window.....but it still has the background showing?

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:19 AM

PS I don't want the guy. I want the fish to have no back ground like the guy....LOL I hope this makes sense.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:32 AM

It's probably, really a fix for your 2D editor. This white area on your transparency/alpha map needs to be slightly smaller. But, you could start actually increasing the trasparency in Bryce via its slider, and it will help, but then it will begin to make the main fish transparent also. ;o/ (This is what I do sometimes when I am doing this with leaves on a tree, but then leaves can be a little transparent, and still look alright)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:33 AM

Make sure your black is pure black. If I get probs like this I tend to take the alpha map into PS or something similar and use the contrast control, or select the black and use the ligthness/darkness control to make sure it is black.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

xenic101 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:35 AM

file_131231.jpg

? Are you checking "blend transparencies"?

Kemal ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:40 AM

As Xenic101 said, blend transparency must be checked !!! :)

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 2:47 AM

yup, my guess would be the blend transparency :) it's a mistake that's so often made with this kinda thing :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

johnyf ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 6:31 AM

The alternative, could be to put it on a terrain instead of 2d plane and use the slider thingy to rempove the black area....that's if I understood your problem correctly!

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 8:56 AM

That was the first thing I checked was blend transparency. I will have to check and make sure the color is pure black. I hotught of that one at 3 am this morning but just went back to sleep...LOL Thanks for all of the suggestions.:)

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:09 PM

You might have had AA on in the 2D program when making the alpha (transparancy) mask. Disable AA when making a selection and see if that helps. Otherwise it'll have some pixels around it that blend, and that could be causing the extra edge. Another thing you could try doing is shrinking the selection and inverting it and deleting out those pixels around the edge. But who knows... Also I saw you popping in and out of the Bryce chat in the wee hours of the morning.(At least it was in my part of the world.) You could have asked there. (If you stayed more than 2 seconds. LOL.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:39 PM

paulsjs75: You're right there. I tend to be kind of shy someetimes and if I don't "know" the ppl there, I tend to duck out rather quickly. I know that is really stupid of me but...... I used AS's suggestion and it works for what I am doing, so will stick with that for now. I will have to play with it a bit at a later date because I got rather good at doing 2-d cutouts(?) about a year ago and now have forgotten what I did...LOL practice, practice, practice...and like Zhann does I should be keeping a written journal of all my 'discoveries' I am in the beginnings of the render so have default render set no AA so that wasn't it. Thanks...now I have 'talked' to you so may not be so shy next time checking out the chat room if you're there...:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.