Wed, Sep 25, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Making crude props in P5?

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 9:25 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:26 PM

I've got three square primitives that I want to weld into a single piece, is there a way to do this?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 9:27 PM

set them up the way you want, then use the grouping tool. click new group, name the croup, drag-select all 3 square primitives, and click spawn prop

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 9:31 PM

Thanks ED.

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:10 PM

Okay, let's try that again. This board likes eating posts I see. I couldn't get it to work - the drag-select is only highlighting a single square at a time, and the prop spawned only has one square, not three. What's the difference between spawn prop and create prop btw?

geep ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:37 PM

file_131366.jpg

Hi Svigor, Here is another method that you can use to put multiple objects (props) together and make them into a single object (prop). Dr Geep calls it his "glue." ;=] "Weld"ing the separate objects together ... i.e., checking the "Weld identical vertices" box will produce "soft" edges and Poser will bend the light around these edges.* Unchecking this option will maintain sharp (separate or hard) edges. If you accidentally checked the "Weld ..." option and did not want it ... just import the object again and make sure the "Weld..." option is UNchecked. cheers, dr geep ;=] * provided that the vertices are *identical* (i.e., exactly the same location)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:41 PM

Another method that definitely will work. Just export all three squares as one OBJ file. Be sure to check the "weld" box in the export dialog. (Actually I'm not sure that will make any difference, but it seems like the right thing to do.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

geep ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:44 PM

Q. "What's the difference between spawn prop and create prop btw?"

A1. "Spawn Props" will create a separate prop (object) from each group in the original object (prop).

A2. "Create Prop" will create a NewProp from the currently selected polygons which may be from 1 to all of the polygons in the current object (prop).

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:47 PM

file_131367.jpg

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:50 PM

file_131368.jpg

BTW - You can find the entire tutorial [ HERE.](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1654547) cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 10:50 PM

Okay thanks geep, ockham; I'll run with all this and see if I can make something work.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 12:03 AM

Sorry - I forgot to add the part about adding each box to the group before spawning prop... my bad

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.