Sat, Sep 21, 6:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: I need recommendations

Demoshane ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:01 AM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:16 AM

Recommend good realistic or mysterious light sets for me and also recommend good facial expression packs for v3, please use links. Also if there is some good filters for photoshop like tint tone color, lighting.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:06 AM

As for lighting, head over to www.runtimedna.com and do a search for lights in the freebie area. You will find a lot of them, and Traveller's are particularly tailored for specific image effects.

Demoshane ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:40 AM

Btw those dont need to be free. Quality is most important thing. Feel free to add links to any light sets/expression kits you think are worth looking at.

Spire ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 9:23 AM

For realistic lighting, I can't recommend highly enough Richabri's Light of Day set (http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=28046). I use these for nearly all my renders, though I tend to add a Front (infinite) Light at 0,0,0, and then move as needed so that no matter what angle I'm "shooting" at, that light is always front and center to "fill." Of course you don't always want that portrait style lighting, but with the LOD set, you can achieve almost any style lighting, indoors or out,by fiddling with the colors. Only one light, the Main light, casts a shadow, and this also can be changed as desired. THe point is, Rich's set gives you a nice configuration to start from. I have a LOT of the RTDNA free sets, as well as sets from DAZ and elsewhere, and I've yet to use them. And as Demonshane said, go for quality above all. Lighting will make or break a render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.