Wed, Sep 25, 9:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 8:14 am)

Subject: Over 400 background pictures

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:25 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 9:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jalberts.net/francemi/

Hello everyone, I've been on vacations for 2 weeks in a cottage on the seaside and I took lots of wonderful pictures that can be used in Poser scenes: landscapes, sea bed (rocks and stuff), sea and sky, sea and land, and sky alone. I put them in the freestuff section here yesterday but I don't know when they will show up so if you're interested, just go to my website and you'll find them. Enjoy! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:58 AM

You have some OUTSTANDING pics there francemi!!! Can't wait to get home I can get some. Thank you for your generousity!!!

drhess ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:09 AM

Cool. Ummm, how do we use these? : ) (Newbie!!)

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:22 AM

You're welcome! You can use this kind of images as backgrounds for a Poser scenes. For example, you can place a fairy (or fairies) on the rocks in the sea bed. That is just an example, there are many kind of scenes you can place on such backgrounds. You'll find many pictures of the sky that you can use for background for angels or airplanes, or anything you like. You can also use these pictures as backgrounds for scenes you create with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro... and so on. Or you can use them as a background for your desktop. Just use your imagination. That's the best tool you can have. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

drhess ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:48 AM

Thanks. What I meant was, do I load them in Poser through the Materials dialogue box, or are they best used in "post poser production" by bringing them in after done with character creation in poser through photoediting software. See what I mean?

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:18 AM

Yes I see. You don't bring them in the material room. You can either import background picture from the posing room or use them in post-work. I prefer post-work myself. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:22 AM · edited Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:23 AM

drhess if you have poser 5 in the materials room you select the background and make a new image node and attach it to the background.

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 10:23

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:24 AM

These pictures are great! Thank you.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:28 AM

Wonderful pix. It's especially nice to have photos taken with a "Poser eye". When I surf through a general photo site like Pbase.com, most of the pix I like are taken from angles that just won't work.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 12:09 PM

ockham... I know what you mean. That's why before we left for our vacations, we bought a 256MB card for our digital camera so I could take lots of pictures that will be useful as background images. I've put a few series there that are less useable for this but most of them are. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

spothmann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:25 PM

LOVE them! Had to use one of them right away as a background for my new image at the Member's Gallery ;-)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:26 PM

Poser 5 has a default node-set for the Background, which includes BGPicture. Earlier versions seem to do it differently, thoiugh one of the menues. An alternative is to use the single-sided square primitive, and use the picture as a texture on that. For something like a [picture of a building. you could shift this square so that the Ground object lined up with the transition between wall and ground in the picture. If you want to get really fancy with such a square, you could use transmaps to pick out a window, or a gap between trees: this is an old method used for films calle a matte shot, where the scenery was painted on a glass plate, and the set shot through the clear area. There's a lot you can do with background pictures.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:48 PM

spothmann, could you give a link so we can see the image? I didn't find it in your gallery. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

spothmann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed2.ez?galleryid=7552

It's not displayed in my Gallery - it's in the Members Photo Gallery, link is on the right side in the navigation. Or take the above attached link as a shortcut to get directly to the picture ;-) Best wishes, Sabine

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:58 PM

WOW! It is exactly the kind of portrait to go with that background. Bravo! It's funny to see that woman from old times in a place I left only last week ;o)) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

beachnut ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:02 PM

WOW France those are gorgeous pics! It's wonderful of you to share them! Looks like you vacationed in a wonderful place! :)

spothmann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:03 PM

LOL! Come visit me in my hometown - my neighbors are by now annoyed to see 'that woman from old times' in our village every day (and, yes, I don't mind shopping groceries dressed like this - or even worse - when I'm wearing a victorian bustle gown, people ask if they 'can use the table on my backside for camping' - sigh!).

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:12 PM

loll! And where is that hometown exactly? I'm just trying to picture you, dressed like this, checking the prices on the different canned food in the stores!!! Or better yet, drinking a soft drink with a straw while you shop! That's anachronism for you. ;o) beachnut: you're quite welcome. I hope you do something with them and show us. And yes, it is a wonderful place! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

spothmann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:19 PM · edited Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:22 PM

Sorry, when I'm dressed in that gown, I cannot drink whatever at the same time - I have to be too careful that my feet won't get stuck in the ten yards hem of the skirt, otherwise I would trip every few steps. The best thing I can do in it is to sit down and smile for pictures, or to stand in one place and look important ;-)
The hometown is, almost exactly by the breadth of a hair if seen on an average world globe, in Hamburg, North Germany.

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 15:22

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 6:50 PM

Gorgeous stuff, thank you! RC

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:36 PM

wowzers!! the sky pics are so amazing!! thanks so much! Nancy

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:21 PM

I'm glad you all like them. Please show us the scenes you make with them. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

vlad69 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:41 PM

Glad to see you are back and well France, thanks for the pics. -Vlad

MissTara ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 4:01 PM

Will you allow use in commercial renders?

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:02 AM

No. Just personal stuff. If someone wants to use them in commercial renders, they can communicate with me in private and we can discuss terms. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.