Wed, Sep 25, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 9:18 am)

Subject: Memory, hard to forget....

drhess ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:51 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 7:25 AM

Hi. Since installing Poser4 (Artist), Windows or just Windows Explorer crash constantly. Are there known likely conflicts or is there a way to improve the memory interaction? When an error statement says allocate more memory has it that done? I have XP and lots of RAM and a good AMD processor. Oh, when I installed (off of the download, not a cd) the help files didn't install. Anything I can do about that?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:39 PM

The "allocate more memory" message is Mac OS 9 specific, in OSX and Windows memory allocation is dynamic. It's Poser's way to say "Something went horribly wrong, but I haven't the foggiest idea what or why." Changing the virtual memory settings to 3 Gb min, 3 Gb max is a good idea. When XP has to increase virtual memory during a render, the chance of Poser crashing is a full 100% You have a decent amount of RAM, that might mean you need a memory updater. Check the Curious Labs site for more info. But why Explorer crashes? Beats me.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

drhess ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 11:21 PM

I think it was an installation issue. I reset to last week and hasn't happened since. Thanks for the insight on the memory error statement.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.