Sat, Sep 21, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: UVMapper, obj's, and cr2's Help me please

wetworks ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 7:08 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:46 AM

I know this question has been done to death, but please either tell me what I'm doing wrong or point me to the old thread where it was previously discussed. Here is what I did: 1. Exported the character to an obj 2. Opened it in UVMapper 3. Stepped through the tutorial to create a new texture map template 4. Saved the new model and template under new names 5. Made copies of the original .cr2 and .rsr files, renaming them. 6. Deleted the new .rsr 7. Editted the new .cr2 so that all references to an .obj file pointed to my new model 8. Made some test changes to the template 9. Pulled up the character 10. Loaded the texture Now, what was a smooth face looks all boney with sharp angles and other flaws. I thought I had this all figured out, but I must have missed something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 8:34 PM

Try it with the original OBJ in the Geometries folder, instead of an exported OBJ. All the steps look right. There are two references to the OBJ in a Cr2. What file type did you export as?

wetworks ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2000 at 11:58 AM

Found that the .obj (used by the original file) is a P3 version. Will this have an impact on what I'm doing? Is this where the problem come froms?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.