Wed, Sep 18, 11:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 5 and Daz

Pol ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 5:25 PM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:26 PM

Hi guys Vue 5 and Poser work very well together. There're very nice pictures posted in this forum. I also would like to know if there are people who would like to try to import some characters from Daz directly to Vue 5. Thanks

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:12 PM

What do you mean Characters from Daz ? The pictures I posted for example, have all a character from Daz (Victoria 1 and 3 to be exact).

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:49 PM

If your talking about daz's proprietary software, Daz Studio, then the answer is no, it cannot open Daz Studio native files. If you're talking about characters and items sold AT Daz (Victoria 3, Michael, the Millenium Dragon, etc...) then yes, but you have to have Poser 4, Poser Pro Pack or Poser 5 in order to use the files and thus import them into Vue.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:40 AM

And this is another reason why I'm buying Vue 5 with Mover 5 instead of waiting for anything Bryce from DAZ!

Djeser ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 4:21 AM

Actually, the character meshes from DAZ include obj files that are the actual geometry. You can import the obj into Vue (any version) if you don't have Poser, but then you'll have to apply the textures "by hand". I don't know how well that would work...but since the textures are UV mapped to the obj, might be ok. You'd just need to make certain you are purchasing a product that includes the obj, not just a morph based on a mesh; morphs and some character packs at DAZ don't include geometry.

Sgiathalaich

Orio ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 6:41 AM

Yes, you can use DAZ Studio to export OBJs.

Pol ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 3:32 PM

Thanks guys Yes of course I was asking about an obj Daz character. Sorry for not been very clear. So importing directly an obj from Daz without Poser/Daz Studio. Djeser answed my question but I really would like to see some pictures. I don't have Vue d'Esprit 5 and would like to know before jumping on it. Thanks

gaz170170 ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 4:33 PM

Please remember that without Poser or DazStudio, you cannot repose the figure from within Vue, so you`ll be stuck with the default pose

HellBorn ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 4:35 PM

For some reason models imported as Poserfiles for some reason looks better than models imported as obj files. Don't know why but it could be that Vue takes care of opening obj files while Poser pz files are open trough Poser.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:11 PM

That's it exactly, HellBorn. From what I've seen in playing, the Poser.exe is used to filter the PZ3 being imported...so it does what it does as far as seam blending, mesh smoothing, welding, offsets, etc. The Poser .obj format is not the complete Wavefront file format; the reason why the Bryce importer invokes DAZ Studio. DS does output a complete .obj and mat. file.

Pol ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:13 PM

Yes I know that I will need Poser or D/S to be able to pose my Daz characters in Vue d'Esprit. D/S works best with Bryce 5 and even better with Bryce 5.5 (soon). I don't think D/S works with Vue d'Esprit. For the obj YES but how about textures.. etc... Just looking at my options. Cheers

Orio ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 4:29 AM

QUOTE D/S works best with Bryce 5 and even better with Bryce 5.5 (soon). I don't think D/S works with Vue d'Esprit. For the obj YES but how about textures.. etc... /QUOTE As far as I know, there is no (and neither will be in Bryce 5.5) direct import of DAZ Studio files inside. There is a plugin that lets Bryce read more efficiently the data from the OBJ's MTL file that is output by DAZ Studio. But nothing that you can not do with any version of Vue (even the existing ones).

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 5:55 AM ยท edited Mon, 13 December 2004 at 6:01 AM

so in other words the turbo import product for daz|studio works with v5 aswell?

or are you guys saying that all you need is daz|studio and vue5 and that that will render the same end result?

Message edited on: 12/13/2004 06:01

Djeser ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 12:50 PM

The Turbo import product from DAZ is only for DAZ Studio to Bryce 5, it doesn't work for Vue as far as I know. Bryce and Vue mat files are different formats, so whatever Turbo does for Bryce to read the Poser mtl and turn it into a Bryce mat doesn't apply to Vue. But in DAZ Studio (free), you can put your character in there and pose them, then export from DAZ Studio as obj and import obj into Vue. You'll still have to apply the textures by hand, but this way you can set up your characters in the poses you want.

Sgiathalaich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.