Sun, Sep 22, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 3:14 pm)

Subject: FireFly

dberryart ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 6:43 PM ยท edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 3:51 PM

I recently upgraded from a 1800 to a 2700 processer and to a gig of memorey,also a newer motherboard.There has been a overall improvement in the using of P5.But once I get into the FireFly renderer,well lets just say things really slow down.The P4 renderer and the rest of the program works great.Has any body else encountered this or have any tips. Thanks dberryart

MysticMind ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 6:52 PM

One thing that really helps improve the render speed of the Firefly renderer is to change all of the lights that cast shadows to RayTraced Shadows. Firefly really bogs down when you use lights that have shadow maps.

JimBoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:26 PM

Stefan has a great site with much useful information about Poser and the FireFly renderer. Check out http://www.keindesign.de/stefan/poser/firefaq.html#1 - there are a couple of tricks to increase renderspeed there.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?forum_id=28

There are a lot of tips and tricks about using firefly scattered throughout the forum linked to above. Firefly offers tremendous capabilities -- it is far and away a much improved rendering engine. However, with all those extra features come a lot of extra learning how to use it and the material room to one's best advantage. Ultimately, it can render faster than the P4 rendering engine when doing the same thing -- if you set up for it (which is difficult given the number of things stacked against you when using stuff not made for it)>

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.