Mon, Sep 9, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Have they fixed the Transparency in Volumetric light bug in Vue 5?

Berserga ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 10:28 AM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 6:51 PM

What with the new renderer in Vue 5, Have they fixed the bug that makes invisible objects partially visible in volumetric light?

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 11:22 AM

Yes, this bug should be fixed.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 1:29 PM

I do confirm, this bug has been fixed. While testing this bug came along in several scenes and E-On was able to kill the bug. Haven't seen it anymore since that happened.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Berserga ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 1:42 PM

W00t! That bug kept me from using Vue for several scenes in my movie, I'm so glad to hear it's gone.

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 7:31 PM

Besides, it was not a bug. It was a behaviour that was inherent to the way the old Vue rendered managed the rendering of the scenes. More precisely, it was part of the price to pay for the relatively low rendering times of the old engine. I specify this because there is this legend of Vue bugs never listened to. This is one of those legends. I got the above answer (in more appropriate technical language) from a person very high in the E-On's hierarchy (won't name him/her sorry), and I got it not much later than Vue 4 was launched, this means at least two if not even three years ago.

bonnyclump ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 7:39 PM

Its a bug in an artist's eye, so... The star network render bug still exists so I guess there is always some truth to legends. : - )

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 10:36 PM

Orio - I got the same explanation from someone at e-on's as well. It makes sense that it was not considered as a bug but as a price to pay for the tradeoff between quality and speed. The problem was that in reality, it did reduce greatly the usefulness of volumetric light, especially with characters (hair, eyelashes, transmapped clothes...). I am glad to see they found a solution to this problem eventually. It is good to see these things get sorted out after a while (like the infamous blue gunk :) ).

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 10:45 PM

You don't know how many times I begged them about the blue gunk ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.