Wed, Oct 2, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Moving Poser 5 to new drive

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 10:26 AM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 6:58 AM

I filled may 2nd drive with Poser stuff so I bought a 250 GB firewire drive and moved all the Poser stuff over.....just drag and dropped it to the new drive. Amazingly everything works fine. I'm taking back every bad thing I ever said about Poser 5! But.....when I try to open my old PZ3s I think Poser searches for the .obj files on the old drive, It seems to find backgrounds,props, poses and lights on the new drive without trouble. Is there any way I can fix this without actually searching myself for the .obj files on the new drive? People objs of course are easy to find but shoes and clothing objs are a more difficult problem. As I said before, everything else works fine, just the PZ3s have a problem.

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 11:09 AM

Are the obj's installed to the correct paths on the new drive?

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 12:03 PM

The objs are in the correct paths on the new drive but Poser is looking for them on the old drive I think. The address in the pz3 may point to the old drive. If I find the objs for Poser it seems to find the textures and everything else without difficulty.

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 12:54 PM

Correct Reference Pro might be what you need. It's supposed to find bad obj references and correct them. You can dl the demo but I don't know all of the funtionality.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 4:03 PM

CorrectReference Pro is the answer. However, the demo version only does a "Dry Run," which would show you what you get after you pay for it. You could buy CorrectReference Pro and fix the problem easily, or you could got through every "problem" file, and correct it manually....

LanceB ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 7:46 PM

Thanks for your help. CR Pro does a great job of correcting file referemces within the poser runtimes, but I have not figured out a way for it to correct the pz3s that are scenes stored in a separate file. Maybe I'll ask the maker of CR Pro if this can be done. In the meantime I can use P3do Explorer to help me find the location of the geometry files included in the pz3 scene files. Any other suggestions?

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 8:02 PM

file_133327.jpg

I have a folder for PZ3's in the same Runtime folder where all the stuff is installed. That makes things much easier.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.