Wed, Sep 25, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Adjusting shoes - what am I doing wrong?

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 3:36 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 7:09 PM

I'm trying to get Aran's (prop) wedge sandals to fit S3P. I painstakingly tweaked the transforms to get them where I wanted, saved each sandal (because I can't bloody figure out how to save them both - the grouping tool is still largely a cipher to me), but when I parent them to S3P's feet, they change size (it looks like back to orginal but I can't be sure). How do I prevent that?

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 4:22 PM

It has something to do with the shoes themselves. They don't like me to resize S3P's feet or apply any morphs. When I deleted the shoes and then reapplied them (the originals, not my conversions), with her feet at normal size with no morphs, I parented them first and they adjusted to fit her feet. But if I apply morphs to or scale her feet they don't adjust.

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 4:23 PM

When you parent a prop to a figure, it will assume the scaling of the parent figure. The best way to get those sandals to fit SP3 is moving and scaling them so that they fit, then export the sandals as .OBJ files. Two exports, one for the left sandal, and one for the right. Reimport them, unchecking all options on the import dialog. Now you can parent the sandals to SP3s feet. Save the left and right sandal separately to your props library. Poser will ask if you want to save them as smart props, choose yes. Getting both sandals to load simultaeous will require editing the PP2 files, there's no way to do it in Poser itself. I'd have to do some research on how to fix the .PP2 files to have both sandals load at the same time.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:03 PM

The two sandals at the same time is a minor quibble, I figured it was just something simple I as a noob didn't know about; don't worry about it. Thanks very much for the help, I'll give that a whirl.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.