Wed, Sep 25, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Shoe proposal (collaboration)

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 3:58 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 4:40 PM

If I make some shoes worth the effort and release them as freebies with no usage restrictions, will someone here agree to do to them what has to be done to make them follow foot transforms properly? The reason I ask is because I'm no modeler, but I'm confident that I can make some nice shoes given enough time, but I'm not confident that I can do what it takes to make them follow morphs and bends and such. Alternatively, would someone be willing to mentor me through the process (that is, put up with all my annoying questions)?

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 4:03 PM

You'll probably find that you can edit an existing Poser file to drive your shoe models. But either way I'm sure that we can help you through this together.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:06 PM

Yeah Phil that's actually what I was thinking after I posted, that I should just try to tweak existing shoes to work; in any event I was thinking that existing shoes would be where I started with any new shoe I wanted to model.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:16 PM

Phil, Not trying to hijack Svigor's thread, I think it's a related question. Your one of the few I've seen make sucessful conforming shoes for Judy. I've made conforming shoes for every other poser figure but I can't get shoes to conform for Judy. Could you post a quick tut on them? Please! It might help Svigor with his tasks as well. Mike

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:30 PM

I think I just applied the Imelda Morcos morph :)

Now I'm trying to remember what I did differently ... It'll come to me I'm sure.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:51 PM

Not sure what the Imelda Morcos morph is... I do know you modeled the shoes, medium high heels, to Judy, flat footed. I haven't been able to do that and make them look good when "bent" to walking shape. Do you modle them to Judy with the feet in high heel position then flatten them? Second, the fact that Judy has posable toes seems to be a problem, I can't find a decent "donor" CR2 without the toes that doesn't 'pull' the shoes out of shape when they are conformed. Hope I'm making some of the problems clear. Sorry for the hijack Svigor! As compensation I'll be glad to help you set up any pair of shoes NOT for Judy. Mike

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 6:23 PM

Imelda Marcos had more shoes than anyone in the known world; more than your mom, your girlfriend, your granma, combined..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 6:31 PM

Dang! Why didn't I say that name out loud first! Jokes on me ;^) Mike

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 6:52 PM

file_133922.jpg

Judy's pumps were modeled on the default flat foot. The heel takes its correct orientation when the foot is angled. I think I've modeled shoes every which way. My most recent boots for V3 were modeled to look right at default pose, the fitting was handled by injection morphs. As were these comfy shoes. The only difference here was I think the injection included pain killers :)

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 7:05 PM

"Sorry for the hijack Svigor! As compensation I'll be glad to help you set up any pair of shoes NOT for Judy." I'd say I don't mind, but...there's nothing TO mind. You're entirely on-topic. I'd love to hear anything and everything on the subject. I love shoes and I'd like to get a wider variety of them working with my figures. (as for Judy...meh. Me no like Judy.) Phil, your "comfy shoes" never struck me as particularly uncomfortable-looking; unless the irony was meant to involve someone on the receiving end of a kick or something. That would be very uncomfortable. Can anyone recommend a good shoe or two for S3P? I've checked Rosity free stuff and I have all of Aran's shoes already. I'm looking for a good sandal high heel with straps like Aran's wedge sandals or his V2 sandals.

jwhitham ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 7:54 PM

Imelda Marcos had more shoes than anyone in the known world; more than your mom, your girlfriend, your granma, combined..;)

And a wild silk covered cushion embroidered in emeralds and pearls with the words "Nouveau riche is better than no riche". I always kind of admired that. Said John, drifting way OT.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 10:44 PM

file_133924.jpg

Svigor, I'm not a fan of the standard Judy either but 3Dream's Eternal Judy package has made me a belivever! Here's a render of her. All of the clothing is my own, including the shoes, however they take a massive amount of tweeking, the toes seem ot twist all over whenever I try to pose them after conforming. mike

servo ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 10:39 AM

Also drifting totally off subject... This thread brings to mind well known comedian Steve Martin's quite old comedy short story anthology "Cruel Shoes", (published late 1970s, I think) which is well worth a read for a number of good belly laughs. It involves a humorous description of the most horribly foot-mangling shoes ever invented, the sadistic nature of shoe salesmen, and the somewhat masochistic attitude of women shoppers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.