Wed, Sep 25, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: On (DAZ) figure names

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 9:18 PM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 12:41 AM

It's quite frustrating - on one hand, we're talking about freebies, things that people made of their own hard work, and donated to the public out of generosity. It's hard to criticize any aspect of that without feeling like a heel.

On the other, it's annoying as hell that people aren't specific in their terminology. Steph, Vicky, Mike, Yaaaah! There are multiple versions of each folks! "Steph" "Vicky" and "Mike" just ain't cuttin' it! There's the Original Stephanie (who we need to see identified as such due to the ubiquity of the behavior in question), Stephanie Petite, Victoria 1, Victoria 2, Victoria 3, Victoria Lo-Res, Mike 1, Mike 2, Mike 3, Mike Lo-Res, and who knows what else.

Here's a perfect example:
http://www.morphworld30.com/files.html

The author has put God only knows how much time, blood, sweat, and tears into these morphs and other goodies, and we don't even know what they're for without downloading them and going through trial and error (and pote edit: of course, I could be wrong about my example, I'm still new to all of this; perhaps the morphs listed under "Victoria" work for all versions of Victoria. Then again, the morphs under "Stephanie" don't work for both versions, I'm sure of that much (even though it's clear they're for Original Stephanie judging by the pic).

Message edited on: 10/13/2004 21:26

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 9:29 PM

They're for the original Stephanie, Mike 1-2, and Victoria 1-2. According to Firefox (the "Page Info" option), that page hasn't been updated since February 2003. At that time, Victoria 3 had only been out for a few weeks. Generally speaking, if a texture or morph is for the "unimesh" line of figures (M3, V3, Steph Petite, etc.), that will be noted. If it doesn't say, there's a pretty good bet it's for V1/2. Hope that helps a bit. :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 10:06 PM

Thanks Bonni. I should make clear that I don't mean to pick on Morph World, they're just the most recent example for me personally. I was just about to come back here and post that they're not for V3. I'll keep in mind the bit about assuming V1/V2 as a sort of default.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:54 AM

That's true for all of DAZ's figures, generally. If it states "Stephanie" alone, it's probably for S1, and "Mike" without a qualifier is usually M1/M2.

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 7:37 AM

Morphworld (3.0, in this case) is the site of one of the most prolific and greatest creators in poserdom: Traveler. Having been using his morphs since I found them (early into Morphworld 2.0). I'll tell you that they will work with V1/2 and M1/2. They all have to be applied the old fashioned way, but they are really incredible and I believe they influenced some of the morphs for the V3 figure, lol. There are also a lot of tutorials that are basic reading there -- good stuff. Lastly, you should sign up for the props club there. The stuff you get there is worth easily 10 times what you pay in subscription fees. Every monday something new, and a lot of the stuff finds it's way into a certain big store after it's been there for a short time. He's also still got some great stuff here -- including some that came as part of the props club originally. In general, though, you got the straight stuff -- unless it says it's for V3 or M3 then odds are it's for V1/2.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.