Mon, Sep 9, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Noggins is a Cockatiel!

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 9:33 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:36 AM

Blimey, according to the Daz newsletter I have just received, Noggins actually is a Cockatiel. Who's a clever boy then?!? Seriously, my grandfather used to keep cockatiels and when I saw this expansion pack I just had to get it and the parrot. And they are great! I realise that most of you probably have them already, but for anyone who hasn't - they rock. I adore the cockatiels. They are so sweet and so realistic. Top work from Noggins - as always. Shame they didn't get him to do the Mill Cat, what an ugly beast!

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 5:08 PM

"Noggin": a small mug or wooden cup; its contents, a dram of about a gill; a drink (of beer, spirits etc.). (cf Chambers Dictionary, i990 Edition.) "Cockatiel": a type of parrot (not in Chambers, their bad!) "Cocktail": a concoction of spirituous or other liquors. (Also Chambers). So: Noggin the cockatiel = "A parrot, full of spirits":-)) (Hence the phrase "As drunk as a Parrot" (which comes shortly before "As sick as a Parrot"). LOL Diolma (And sorry for being facetious...)

kim258 ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 8:53 PM

"Top work from Noggins - as always. Shame they didn't get him to do the Mill Cat, what an ugly beast!" I agree, the big cat is a model that I think so many of us were looking forward to realism and high quality posing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.