Fri, Oct 4, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Newbie to Vue Q's about Vue 5, Mover, and Poser Anims

servo ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 1:35 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:41 PM

As complete newbie to Vue & a Poser animator who has been impressed with things I've seen done with Vue, I'm a little confused from looking at the e-On website as to whether Vue 5 now incorporates Mover capabilities (which are important to me) or if I would need to still buy both Vue 5 AND Mover -- and if they are even compatible..? I want to fully integrate my poser animations and poser materials into a Vue scene as seamlessly as possible, and am unsure what I need and how much hassle this is to do. Can anyone help set me on the right track about all this? All helpful comments and directions appreciated very much. Thank you.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 2:01 AM

Yes, you have to buy Mover as well - if you want to be able to read Poser animations. In fact, what you will buy is a serial number. The Mover 5 installer comes already with the installation package for Vue 5 and needs only be activated with a serial number. "I want to fully integrate my poser animations and poser materials into a Vue scene as seamlessly as possible" Keep in mind that all software im-/exports can have glitches as well. For example Poser does a strange thing to materials. In opposite to most packages i know it uses black as the highlight color. Instead of white like the others. That is the reason why skins look a little strange when you bring characters into Vue and do not edit the materials manually. You maybe want to think about the Pro version. 4 Pro has a very good feature. It automatically recognises changes in the Poser file and updates (after asking) the information in the Vue scene. So you can go back to Poser, change things there again and get the updated information in 4 Pro more or less automatically. If you haven't heard, 5 Pro is announced for end of this year. I guess that it will have this feature as well. So it might be an option to wait for that. Or think about 4 Pro right now (and download the demo maybe).

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.