Sun, Sep 22, 2:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How big a performance bump from a G4 400Mhz to a G5 1.8Mhz?

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 12:02 PM ยท edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 7:50 AM

Will extra horsepower from a G5 make this Poser app run any snappier? I'm still running P4.0.3 in Classic, and I'm tempted to put it on a new Athlon box.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 4:16 PM

It would make a huge improvement in poser's operations since poser dumps everything in the cpu's lap and expects it to do all that on top of the normal system stuff so a faster proccessor will mean all things will get done faster :-) btw has G3 400 so I know how fast poser isn't

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 4:31 PM

Heh. Wanna run any benchmarks against a Wallstreet PB? :{

Barryw ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 11:17 PM

I just went from a dual 533 G4 to a dual 2.5 G5. It makes a huge difference.

Barryw ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 11:50 PM

I just rendered out the "Poser 5 render test" file. Took 3min 50sec from hitting the render button to finish. That's on a 2.5ghz G5 with 1GB of ram. That's also with firefox and the mail app running.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.