Mon, Sep 9, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: The NEXT step in POSER EVOLUTION? (MIT Tech review article)

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 2:08 AM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 12:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/zoran/

Don't know how many folks here read MIT's tech review, but there is an interesting little bit at the bottom of page 15 about a new tool that's recently been licensed to EA. Essentially, it's a tweener for for BVH on steroids. Based on a single sequence of motions, usually 20 to 30 frames, gives the system enough information on how a figure tends to move that it can then extrapolate and generate new motions on the fly. Now *this* sort of tool, incorporated into poser would really sorta kick butt over the ol walk designer eh? The link is to the website of one of the two developers -- I think the notes on style based inverse kinematics might be of great value. oh, um, fergot... now THIS is what TRUE INNOVATION is all ABOUT! (and yeah, I'm being mean. But it feels so goood!)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 3:58 AM

There's a lot of exciting research being published at conferences like SIGGRAPH or Eurographics every year. However, these are usually far from being finished solutions for everyday use and it takes a lot of work and time to eventually develop a shipping usable product from a research paper.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 7:09 AM

Stewer-- True, but game software has been the leading edge in innovation for years. IF EA's got it, they'll find a use for it. M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.