Sun, Sep 22, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Need a "splash" prop

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:09 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:33 AM

Anyone know where I can get a free "splash"? I've got several aquatic figures who'd love to make an appearance above water... I already got the water crown prop here in Frestuff, but it's for a small object. I need one for a big, dense object and have no idea how to model one myself.

jentron ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:13 PM

Attached Link: 1. +++ DG#024 +++ Wave

Have you looked at Dr Geep's Wave function tutorial? See attached link.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:51 PM

Thanks but that just makes a smooth wave. I need a splash. A big splash, with droplets of water going everywhere. That kind of thing can be done with postwork but I don't know how.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:57 PM

Well, since it's likely for an image you have in mind, I prolly can't be of much help, but I will see what I can come up with for ya -- it's just gonna be about 8th on my list :(

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:07 PM

Well actually I just want something "general purpose". I do have an image in mind - the Daz hippocampus jumping out of the water - but I've always done a lot of water pics in various media, so anything you can come up with would be greatly appreciated. I saved that water crown prop I mentioned, and bookmarked the Geep wave tut, because I know I'll use them eventually ;)

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:14 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/MiscProps/Splashprop.zip

file_139359.jpg

Here's a quickie that may or may not work. I tried to shape it for easy animation, so that you can change the Ytran and scale at appropriate moments to get the right effect. The prop is just the mushroomy thing, not the water. Zip will put it in a folder named Tiler under Props.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:28 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:42 PM

Are you using Poser 4 or Poser 5?
Asked becuase looking at ockham's version gave me an idea which is rendering in p5 right now using a variation of the water shader I created for my island set due out from Odd Ditty Foundry on Monday. The prop created utilizes some funky mapping, but it has some great potential, so if you are using P4 I'll work real quick on a texture & transmap

Message edited on: 11/05/2004 23:42

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:38 PM

Poser 5. And thanks ockham! Pretty neat, thanks!

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:42 PM

gimmie a bit for the render (going to turn off ray tracing, lol)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:53 PM

file_139360.jpg

ok, here's how it came out without ray tracing. need to tweak the texture a bit, but it's a start and can likely have it by tomorrow evening

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 12:01 AM

Ooh, purty! Great, thanks! Take your time, y'all's help is greatly appreciated.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 1:07 AM

file_139362.jpg

Here's an example of a scene I need a splash for. An "entry" splash isn't that hard, but I need an "exit" splash. Nothing spectacular, just a base to go from.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 5:22 AM

file_139363.jpg

This should do it. it has four morphs for shape, so one of them should kick i tup a notch. Here's two renders -- first one that's out of place...

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 5:24 AM

file_139364.jpg

and a terrible render but good for showing it in use. color is easily changed

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 2:48 PM

Also, look in the Vue section of the Rendo freebies - there's a recent addition called "Water Crown" in Obj format. Added to the above effects, in particular, it may make the splash more realistic-looking.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 4:24 PM

aprilrosanina - Er, I said I got that already and it's an entry splash made by a small object. ynsaen - Awesome! That's perfect, thankyou!! Everybody - Thankyou for going through so much trouble just for lil ol' me :D Glad I can count on y'all ^_^

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 5:03 PM

that's cool!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 6:14 PM
Site Admin

Forester in the MP sells several packs of splashes, etc... for Poser and Vue

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 6:40 PM

SnowFox: Doh! Missed that. My bad. Sorry.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 9:56 PM

Still packaging it, lol. Been taming child sized hurricanes all day and only now really been able to sit down. I'll get it to you shortly :)

logo.gif Never give a sucker and even break...
...compound fractures are much more fun Get Ditty With It!

Support Your Independent Content Vendors

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 10:08 PM

No problem at all ynsaen, I don't mind waiting. Please take your time and prioritize :) Thanks a million for helping me!!

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 4:39 PM

did I miss it?

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 7:40 PM

No, I haven't been IM'd yet and the prop isn't on Odd Ditty Foundry. :) ynsaen is working on several projects and is quite busy I'm sure :)

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 7:45 AM

thx snow. :-)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 2:53 AM

file_139366.jpg

Ok, finally got the darn texture the way I want it and I'm making my little movie, lol. Snowfox, I'll get ya a link shortly :) And you too, Pablo :)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 3:34 AM

Thanks for the patience :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.