Fri, Sep 20, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: November challenge, Photoshop!

Satanimus ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 4:00 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:46 AM

Super Hero/Super Villain... As usual anything goes, within reason. :)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 4:04 PM

since I do not own, nor do I want photoshop

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 4:24 PM

I personally think it's OK with me. Same skills, same tools, they're just moved around the menus a bit. :)

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 4:28 PM · edited Mon, 08 November 2004 at 4:29 PM

some tools work differently, like mask and lighting effects.

I just prefer the photo paint interface. not to forget, photo paint runs in linux, photoshop doesn't

Message edited on: 11/08/2004 16:29

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 6:48 PM

A, they all work a bit different, but my thoughts are, they all do the same thing, just a bit different. I haven't used Photo-Paint in quite a few years. Couldn't tell ya the differences any more, but that's where I started myself. :)

ysvry ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 7:48 PM

and what about fireworks ?? also quite similar

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 8:20 PM

I always hate saying no, but one person doing a non photoshop image is one thing, more than that and this becomes a 2D art forum. (Oh wait... We have one of those here) :) As this is the Photoshop forum, we really should TRY to stay as much with that spftware as we can, at least in part. If you are using Fireworks WITH photoshop, then I think yes, but just Fireworks?.... Again, I hate saying no, but this is the Photoshop forum after all. :) (It would be like me posting my Poser or Rhino art in here. It just doesn't fit) I welcome ANY other thoughts on this. Please let me know if you think I'm worng, as I am NOT a moderator here, nor do I have anything to do with authority. Rich

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 10:12 PM

and fireworks is also more vector that raster in format. ps and photo paint are raster.

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 6:40 PM

I can't speak for others because like Rich I'm not a Mod' or an authority of any kind, but I am a photoshop user and in this I agree with Rich, it would be wrong to post a piece of work in this, or any other, forums challenge that hasn't had any of that forums software used on it. I mean, if you don't use fractal software you wouldn't post work in the fractal forum, would you!.

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

kmw ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:23 PM

Yeah... I have to agree. And I'm not even a PS pro. There are a kabillion image editor packages and, technically, every single one of them does the same thing: create and edit pictures. So Fireworks, ImageReady, Photoshop, PSP... well, they all do the same thing. But this, unfortunately, is the Photoshop Forum. It certainly wouldn't be if it didn't matter what software you used. It's like submitting your Vue image in a Poser contest. Now we wouldn't do that, would we? Course not...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.