Tue, Oct 22, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: CF Card

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2004 at 9:53 PM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 6:26 AM

Accidentially formatted one of my CF cards before I could D/L the images off of it. Anyone know of a good program that will reclaim the CRW files. I just bought one that saw them and supposedly reclaimed them but did not work. May see about getting a refund. Any Ideas?? Thanks, Thomas

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2004 at 10:17 PM

Formatted it or erased it? If it was "erased", then it should be no problem to recover the images (though for the life of me, i don't know how) - the images weren't trashed - just the file index of them. If he card was formatted - it may be tough to get them back....way beyond my abilities (always assumed that when a card was formatted, it completely erased the contents of the card....gone....?

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2004 at 10:45 PM

Yes formatted :< The program I have sees them and knows their filesize, but when it recovers the image it is unreadable by PS CS or the Canon software.

Onslow ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 11:44 AM

I have not tried it but here is link to 'PhotoRescue' which claims to be able to recover the files. There is an evaluation download so may be worth a try. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

3DGuy ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 3:44 PM · edited Wed, 10 November 2004 at 3:45 PM

I have succesfully used this:
http://www.goto.onlinehome.de/dsc/jpegdump.htm
in the past. Only does jpg files AFAIK, but if those were on that CF, give it a go :) and it's free

Message edited on: 11/10/2004 15:45

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 5:38 PM

I have no problem getting the JPG files, unfortunately I use the smallest size because I work with RAW mostly. Anyone know of a program that restores the CRW file? Thanks for the suggestions, will look into them as well. Thomas

LostPatrol ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 6:29 PM · edited Wed, 10 November 2004 at 6:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.soft32.com/download_19397.html

Try this.

This is what they say it does.

Digital Photo Recovery will recover lost, deleted and formatted digital Photos on removable media. Works with every type of digital card reader appearing as a drive letter in your local PC. If you have received an error: "Media is not formatted would you like to format now?" then Digital Photos Recovery will save the day! Don't lose great shots of those special moments! Digital Photos Recovery will recover them for you! Recovers lost or deleted digital Photos from: SmartMedia SM CompactFlash CF Secure Digital SD Memory Stick MS Sony Memory Stick MultiMedia Card MMC Digital Cell Phones Secure Digital SD PDAs CDR /CDRW/ DVD Zip Disks Hard Disks PCMCIA PC Floppy drive readers IBM Micro Drive Any compact flash Any memory stick Any More! We can recover pictures in all formats: JPG JPEG TIF GIF RiFF TIFF RAW AVI PNG BMP Quciktime MOV MPEG MIDI WAV Digital Photo Recovery recovers pictures from most all camera manufacturers: Cannon CRW Kodack DCR Sony Minolta MRW Nikon NEF HP Fuji RAF Agfa Argus Casio Chinon Epson FujiFilm Hitachi IBM Imation JVC Kinon Konica Kyocera Leica Lexar LG Electronics / Goldstar Mitsubishi Minolta NEC Olympus Panasonic Pentax Phillips PNY Polaroid Ricoh Samsung SanDisk Sanyo Sharp Toshiba Verbatim Vivitar Yashica and more ..! Supported Readers USB, Serial Port, LPT, FireWire, Floppy Drive, CD-ROM Drive, CD-R/W Drive, PCMCIA and more. Digital Photo Recovery is risk-free, no modify/overwrite operation on your original disk or data, it rescues your data and writes to a different location you specify... If you want your pictures back today buy this great software. We guarantee you will recover 100% of great moments!

Persionally I have not used it

I am told that it is very good

Good luck

LP

Message edited on: 11/10/2004 18:30

The Truth is Out There

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.