Tue, Oct 22, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Post-work and beyound

canwetalk ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 11:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=804772&Start=37&Sectionid=1&filter_genre_id=35&Whats

Hello guys! I hope all is going well. I have a question I hope someone can help me with. First let me apologize if this type of question has been asked before.

I use Poser ProPak also I use Photoshop7 and recently took a look at Paintshop. Anyway what I was wondering after visiting the gallery here at Renderosity and other sites...

When you guy(and gals..LOL) do you work how do you go about making the render and the finished work look as if it were painted? See link to get an idea of what I am talking about. I am not talking just about the clothing but the figure and so on. I am sure a large part of it has something to do with post-work and such. So any advice?

Thanks for any and all help, much success to all of you.

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 5:18 AM

I use PaintShopPro, basic filters and a drawing tablet... a LOT of drawing tablet. Works for me.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 8:48 AM

Main tips for postrender work: 1. Duplicate your first layer. This saves your original render from being destroyed by an 'oops'. 2. Render to Tiff format so you can have a mask for working 'behind' your figures. 3. Make friends with the eyedropper tool to pick up color from the picture for laying down new strokes. 4. Make friends with the smear, blend and dodge-and-burn tools for altering existing parts of the pic. 5. Be sparing of filter use, but know that they can help in a big way at times. 6. A 'painterly' approach often -lacks- the level of detail that a 3D render makes automatically. Decide where the visual focus will be, and be ready to 'sacrifice' other sections of the pic.
my two cents worth

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.