Sat, Oct 5, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Transposer in C4Pro does not import texture maps

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 1:47 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:42 AM

I do get colors (which brought me an instant Marily Manson, without asking for it) and there are some values in some channels of the shader tree, but none of the texture maps in jpg that are imported on, say, Vicky, show up in C4's Transposer import. Does anybody know this occurence? I am on Mac OSX, my Poser version is 4 (and operates under OS 9). The main advantage of Transposer would be the imported texture map, so I don't want Marilyn Manson on my beach! Did I miss something?

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 2:25 PM

I've not had any problems with this on PC. I just opened 5 different Poser files in C4Pro including Victoria, Daz Dragon, etc. All the maps came in, no problem. I just opened them, didn't import. Sorry, Patrick Tuten

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 6:47 AM

Hoof, I'm running Poser5 on OSX and haven't had any consistent problems. However, occasionally something happens with Poser V3 texture maps (.pict) where I get only colors coming in. Is the problem with a purchased texture or one of the stock textures that comes with Poser?

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 6:57 AM

Actually with any texture I tried (on two different systems), and I even tried .jpg, .pct AND .tif, for Poser 3 and Poser 4 figures and DAZ's Michael and Victoria. I think it is the way Poser 4 (os9) stores it's information about the texture maps or something. Nowhere along the way it asks for any missing stuff. I sent Eovia Europe Support an email. Because it is never mentioned it should not work with Poser 4 ProPack... (I will update Poser anyway)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.