Mon, Oct 21, 5:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Aiko Head Morph on David's Body

usslopez ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 3:07 AM

file_147459.jpg

I exported Aiko's head as an .obj then loaded up David and applied the .obj to his head as a morph target. Dial=1.0 but the eyes were out of wack so I enlarged them and tweaked them into place then locked them in place. I don't know how to keep the eyes in the socket so I locked them. This is what I got.. David with Aiko head. Bishonen textures and wedge.

My RMP Store ; My Free Stuff

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 4:03 PM

LOL! Not that's dead kool!! Gotta try it!

Gill

Azrael00023 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 4:32 PM

Wow that looks amazing! Great job! I wish I could learn to do that!

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 4:36 PM

This looks like a great idea! But I've a couple of questions. 1) Is the body's head hidden, or totally deleted? 2) Did you make this into a new character? and most of all, 3) How will you get the head to emote? Will you now have to move all the eyebrow, mouth, jaw, etc., morphs to the new figure? This is a really cool technique that will solve the ever present problem of no matching male figures.

usslopez ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 4:58 PM

1)The head is not hidden I loaded the .obj I created with the Aiko head into David's head as a morph target. file menu/ Object + Load Morph Target. 2)This is only David with Aiko head morph. 3)I'm sure the emotions will not work that well because the mouth is very small now. I guess you would have to work with the facial expressions. You would need to just apply the david morphs. The eyes are another story because the head grew but the eyes didn't so .. I don't know if anyone out there knows how to morph the eyes and keep them from popping out.

usslopez ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 5:00 PM

oh! he's not perfect... his neck is sorta messed up in the back but you're correct TygerCub about the matching male figure. The neck can be fixed with post work.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 5:16 PM

Oh sweet! As for the neck... all you would need to do is morph that section of the neck until you reached a nice compromise and reinstall as a new morph target. Outstanding! And major bummer... Now I'll have to get David! (LoL)

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 5:17 PM

Or will this work on any unimesh figure? Like Mike3?

usslopez ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 5:34 PM

I haven't tried yet... I just figured out how to morph the eyes. Do the same with the Aiko eyes export each of them them as .obj files then apply the morphs to David's eyes.

The3dZone ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 9:09 PM · edited Sat, 27 November 2004 at 9:10 PM

file_147461.jpg

That's what I was going to suggest with the eyes...lol

I used the same type of morph target on Luke,so it should work on m3 aswell.
I took the aiko head into my modeler and moved it to line up with Luke's chin,so as to move the distortion to the back of the head rather than the front of the neck.you can see it just under the hair in the pic

The3dZone

Message edited on: 11/27/2004 21:10

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

The3dZone ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 11:03 AM

file_147462.jpg

I also did the same with Laura Thanx for sharing this idea usslopez! :0) The3dZone

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 3:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wicked-womyn.com/FreebieHeadFit.zip

Bloody forum ate my message LOL Here's a magnet set to fix up all the 'edges' the A3 head leaves when you import it onto Dave. I included the eye mags as well. Save the linked file (11kb) to your prop library, load the A3 head as a morph target onto D3, click on the A3 to D3 file you just saved in props and it'll load my fixer magnets :) You can then save the whole shebang as a morph target (well 3 actually ... you need to save each eye morph as well) and Dave is now mister manga boy :D

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 4:44 PM

Thanks very much for that Xena! You're so kind :)

Gill

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 7:33 PM

I'd been trying to get the head/neck seam fixed for days. Thanks sooo much for doing the magnets! Have a great week, Cres

usslopez ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2004 at 10:51 PM

Wow.. great work all! Thanks for all the great ideas and thanks Xena!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.