Sun, Sep 22, 10:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: I'm Stuck Again !

EdsArt ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 8:35 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

I've placed a character in a wheelchair (don't ask why) and I need to be able to link the two together so that I can move them around together rather than individually repositioning them.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 9:10 AM · edited Wed, 01 December 2004 at 9:10 AM

All you have to do is parent one to the other. Try selecting the hip of the character, then go to properties>set parent and select the wheelchair. You may have to experiment with which part of the figure you have parented.

Message edited on: 12/01/2004 09:10

EdsArt ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 9:58 AM

Thanks for the advice snowfox but for some reason the set parent button isnt operable.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 10:11 AM

Oh that's right, sorry I forgot that figures don't like that button. Instead, go to the Figure menu, and select figure parent. That parents the whole figure to another object. Sorry about that, I forgot that the set parent button only works for props. ^_^

EdsArt ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 10:26 AM

I'm obviously being thick here. I tried your suggestion and still can't get it to work. The Wheelchair is also a figure, could that be the problem?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 12:58 PM

Have you tried using Object -> Change Parent? That seems to work for me.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 1:11 PM

file_149845.jpg

Hi EdsArt, Try using the Hierarchy Editor (HE). [menu] "Window" ---> "Hierarchy Editor" [ HERE](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1645097) is a tutorial on the HE, if you're interested. Click on the one (body) that you want to parent ... ... and drag it to the one you want to parent it to. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

EdsArt ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2004 at 7:57 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered their help. I finally got it to work by using the hierachy editor but the other ideas will no doubt help me in future projects.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.