Sun, Oct 6, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Seeking a model

sfdex ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 1:05 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:15 AM

Hi, all -- I'm working on a no-budget movie project and would love to find a good model of a San Francisco MUNI train. Anyone have any ideas where to look? I could build it, but don't really have the time, so I was hoping.... Of course, I'm doing the 3D visuals in Carrara.... Thanks for any tips at all! - Dex

willf ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 8:28 PM

What kind is it? The modern BART systems or the old street cars?

sfdex ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 10:49 PM

file_153117.jpg

Neither -- it's a more or less modern light-rail train. This is a photo from, of all places, the New York Subway museum.... I've been looking all over for a model of this, and it seems that nobody has built one yet. I guess that will be my fun project over Christmas while my boyfriend is back east! I'll no doubt start posting WIP's, seeking help....

Of course, if anybody still finds one, it'd be nice to avoid having to do the work myself. I'm going to be doing a bunch of other stuff.... Ah, well!

Thanks!

• Dex

willf ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 10:53 AM

Attached Link: http://web.archive.org/web/20011109211455/www.fastmodel.com/models/

file_153119.jpg

You may want to check these out for a starting point. Matt has given permission to use these for non-commercial work & you might contact him for other ideas.

sfdex ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 11:19 AM

Wow! Thanks very much. These look excellent! - Dex

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.