Sun, Oct 6, 1:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: daz studio turbo import for vue?

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 3:48 AM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 7:25 AM

i seem to remember someone claiming that the turbo importer for daz studio/bryce5 works just fine with vue? if so any pros and cons using daz studio + the turbo importer with vue5 when compared to p5+v5?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 7:44 AM

Don't know why you would need Turbo importer for Vue...The reason for turbo importer anyway, is that Bryce would not bring over the mats...you have to apply them 1 by one. In Vue, the Poser items via PZ3 import comes in with all textures in place.

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 7:55 AM

well thats why i asked since i dont have the turbo importer and i wasnt sure what exactly it can and cant do :) and the reason i asked was since i was curious as to how far daz studio has come as being an valid alternative to poser together with vue

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 8:54 AM

I don't use Daz studio...gotta enough programs on the ole HD..I haven't touched yet LOL. I need more hours in day just to thoroughly learn what softwares I have been using ~blush~

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 10:10 AM

As far as I understand it (since I don't use nor plan to use Daz Studio) you can save figures in the pz3 format (which Vue will directly import). However, since Bryce 5 could not do a direct import of the pz3 format, Daz came up with the turbo importer that allows Bryce to better import Obj files (and their associated materials) exported from Daz Studio. As I said though this is just my understanding based on what I've read so far on all those products, if anybody has any corrections by all means feel free.

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 1:20 PM

I use Daz Studio alot (more than Poser these days) and have used the turbo importer to export items and open them in Vue. The only problems I've ended up with is transparencies on eyelashes and hair. I think D|S saves them as tif files - but I'm not sure, I just manually correct them.

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 4:12 PM

cheers guarie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.