Tue, Oct 8, 9:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: The Sketch Boys in "San Frisco" by AJ Velez

ajvelez ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 9:13 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 9:26 PM

Hello, how are you? I have posted a new animated cartoon, The Sketch Boys in "San Frisco" by AJ Velez. You can check it out here: Windows (9 m) http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=6595 Mac (35 m, sorry!) http://www.foreordained.org/mov/sanfrisco.mov First I want to thank everyone who made suggestions about my last cartoon "Ice Cream" Windows http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=456912&T=5603. Mac http://www.foreordained.org/mov/icecream2.mov How I Did It. I started out by writing a funny script between the two "Sketch Boys" characters. When I was done I put the cordless headmicrophone on so I could move around while I was recording and really get into the part. I recorded the vocal bits into Sony Acid Pro 5 and exported each one as a seperate .WAV file. Then I listened to each .WAV file to see what I really said and I transcribed that with the help of the script into corresponding .TXT files, one for each .WAV. The reason I did this is because DAZ3d Mimic 3 only accepts .WAV files and it uses the .TXT files for additional accuracy. I imported each .WAV and .TXT set and applied them to a model face. I tweaked the facial parameters in DAZ3d Mimic 3 to get some funny expressions, then saved the file and exported a .PZ2 file. This is the file that Curious Labs' Poser 4 Pro Pack uses to create the animation. I imported each .PZ2 file and applied it to a model, then I made some cool camera angles and motion. I used the Curious Labs' Poser 4 Pro Pack sketch designer with the colored pencil setting. I brought the background density to 0 as well as the outline. The I exported each file as an .AVI file to a folder. In Adobe Premiere Pro I imported the entire folder and also some sound effects from Sony Screenblast and Sony 1,001 Sound Effects CD, like the car door and the engine running. I mixed the sound and exported from Adobe Premiere Pro as .WMV, .MOV, DVD MP2, etc. I also used Adobe Photoshop 7 to create the layers for the opening splash screen and Adobe After Effects 6 to create the motion graphics. I encourage you to make suggestions as to what you would like to see in the future! AJ Velez

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 9:49 PM

Not bad, homes. Now all you need to do is add a Latino. No, wait! I just realized - Poser doesn't do Latino characters 8-(

ajvelez ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 10:14 PM

See how impressionable I am? You just gave me a great idea! You want it, you got it! I am in the middle of making this weeks episode, "Spam Bandit". I can do a good Latino voice. I think I will call it "Spam Bandito"! And I will make the hero a Latino character. Thanks for your comments and stay tuned!!! AJ Velez

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 2:33 AM

Those were both really great little movies! Will watch for more of them ;o) So keep us posted!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:31 AM

The san frisco animation is much better than the first one.

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 12:03 PM · edited Wed, 15 December 2004 at 12:04 PM

Hmmm . . . the links seem to be working for everyone else, but not for me. :( I am using the windows links if that matters.

Jay

Message edited on: 12/15/2004 12:04

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 12:55 PM

I used the mac link to see the animation.

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 4:10 PM

Iused the windows link , with no problem.

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 6:33 PM

Works now. Good job, Adam! Even better than the last one! I see you took to heart the suggestions for more camera angles. I can think of two things you can do to improve. Pick up the pace in the interludes a bit and maybe vary them a little (when we see the car driving by) and add backgrounds. You're doing great, though. Be sure to remember me when you are rich and famous. :) Jay

ajvelez ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:24 PM

I would like to acknowledge and thank all for your comments, they are really inspiring! This next cartoon will be called "El Spam Bandito" and it will feature a Latino character as the hero and (another suggestion) a female character. I will add some backgrounds and make the transitions a little faster! I hope to have it posted by Sunday night. AJ Velez

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.