Mon, Oct 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Removing Clothing from a Figure.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 11:41 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 12:55 AM

I recently downloaded this great model, mainly for the great clothing it came with. Its a Character file, but i want to serperate these so i can just use the clothes on other characters. Could you please advise me on what to do. Thanks in Advance The Ever Grateful

arabinowitz ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 12:29 PM

That depends if the figure is a single mesh figure or a multiple figures. The best way to tell is to load up the figure in poser and under the posing window, you will see the figure name (usually "Figure 1" or some other number, but sometimes a name) with a down arrow next to it (on the left). CLick the arrow. If you see other figures listed there ("Figure 2" "Shirt" "Left Boot"...etc.), then you can seperate it from it's clothing. Here's what you do, and it's really easy: Click that down arrow and select (click on)the figure name that corresponds with the clothing item you want to keep. You might have to spend a minute figuring out whaich clothing item is "Figure 2" or whatever they are called, but once you have that figure selected all you need to do is go is go into the character library list (the long strip on the right that has the choices "character," "Props" "Poses") if it isn't already open and then click on the plus (+) sign at the bottom to add the figure into your library. Just remember where you put it, or make sure to have the folder you want to keep it in open (in this case you might want to put it in "Clothing-Male" or "Clothing-Female" but it doesn't really matter. Also, sometimes what looks like a clothing item may be a prop. In that case you need to select the prop and add it to your props directory since it won't be recognized as a character. To select the prop, instead of clicking on the figure list under the posing window, click on the body part list right next to it (to the rright but under the posing window too). One of those pulldowns will be for props, and the puldown from there will list all props. DO the same thing as above, but in the props library, not the character one. The same for Hair or any other aspect of the figure. Good luck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.