Mon, Sep 9, 7:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Holding Things

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 11:41 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 3:50 AM

Hi all Hope you are having a good holiday season so far :) I have a small question which I hope you can help me with. Does anyone have any tops about getting poser people to hold things, I'm probably missing something but it seems a hell of a pain so far. Take care :) John,

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 11:53 AM

Posing the hands around the object is the tough part. However, it is EASIEST to place the object being held, and to pose the hand accordingly, while the figure is in the default position. If it's too late to do that, don't fear. Just place the object into the hand and pose it accordingly. Select the prop, then choose the Object > Change Parent command. Select the correct hand to be the parent of the prop. Then if you move the position of the hand, the object will tag along with it.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 12:00 PM

Some figures have "clasp" or "grip" dials for the hands, that make it a lot easier to do hand poses.

There may be pre-made hand poses for your figure - check in the "Hands" part of the library. You can also buy hand poses, or download them for free. (While normal poses work pretty well with any humanoid figure, hand poses often don't, so if you're using Judy, don't expect V3 hand poses to work.) I usually find a pose that's close to what I want, then adjust it to fit my scene.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 1:29 PM

file_162994.jpg

Hi John, You might want to ... ... [ TRY THIS.](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2022475) Hoiliday cheers, from dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.