Sun, Sep 15, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 1:46 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: R'Osity Weekly December 30, 2004 - A shame

derjimi ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 6:27 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:55 PM

Renderosity.com is an international website with artists from all over the world. I am ashamed that the recent desaster in south asia is not mentioned in the actual newsletter. Over 120.000 people died, caused by the seaquake and the following tsunami. People not only from asia, but from all over the world. Millions are threatened by disease and epidemic. Many people did donate to help, and every - even small - donation can save life and provide water, medicine and food. Renderosity should immediatly - as an international corporation of artists - help and participate to help the people which need aid so much these times. This catastrophe is one of the largest and deadliest in the last hundret years. We are asked for help, and so should we as we are a great community. Please, donate and help to decrase the suffering of millions of people. This is the right time to show humanity. I am sad that the Renderosity staff didn't react by themselves and didn't mentioned this tragedy in the recent newsletter. I saw lots of advertising to earn money, but nothing to help the people who need help as never before. Thanks, Jimi

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 7:05 PM

I won't spend my time second guessing the PTB here at Renderosity. Hopefully there are some Behind the scenes activities exploring the best way to approach this situation concerning Our duty as an International Community to help. I agree that even a small effort from each of us combined would make a difference. Without any further delay, I would like to offer to Renderosity: Whatever it takes, please ask me. I'm more than happy to help. Thanks Rod

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 7:13 PM

Already donated, but thanks for asking. I agree about our being an international community and the need to pull together as community. I'm going to be asking my students to participate in whatever fund raiser is available to them.

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 7:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/28/tsunami.aidsites/index.html

This is such an enormous event. We encourage everyone to help by making donations through any of the relief organizations that are set up to expedite funds to the survivors. We do not wish to delay any donations by attempting to set ourselves up in a way to make a marketing event out of this tragedy. Attached is a link to CNN with a list of the many International aid organizations that are accepting donations to help victims. My apologies, I did not wish to offend anyone with the omission of the announcement. It just didn't feel right to use this event in any way that might potentially shift the focus away from the victims and on to Renderosity. My deepest sympathies, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 8:27 PM

FYI -

Donating is very easy at Amazon.com ... especially if you have "one-click" enabled.

Holiday cheers, (and prayers for all those affected by this tragedy)
from dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 9:52 PM

I agree that it is a tragedy, but renderosity is not set up to take donations and foreward them to charities. The decision of which organizations to support even if renderosity only posted a link on the homepage could take several days. People can last without water four days on average. Please use the CNN link above or find a charity already active and donate directly. The idea that Renderosity could do something, however well meant would cost lives. The race is on and the clock is already ticking. Send your money to an organization who's feet is already on the ground running.

striving ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 10:11 PM

Electro... Well said!

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 12:25 AM

Please be sure to send donations to reputable organizations who have a track record. I have seen much news about donations being stored rather than distributed. Please be generous, but be careful!

Fractals will always amaze me!

pogmahone ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 2:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.concern.ie/

I agree with electroglyph - it would be a huge task setting up a fund, policing it, forwarding the donations etc. Like most people who want to contribute, I've donated to a charity that has aid workers and organizers already in the areas effected.

derjimi ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 5:23 AM

Thanks LillianH, that is a good reason you wrote. I was just sad that the newsletter don't even mentioned it. Nevertheless, I can understand now. Thanks again, Jimi

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 6:02 AM

Thank you so much Lillian for the above link. And our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of yet another world tragedy. Thanks also to everyone who has given to help in the relief of this disaster. Let us hope that the New Year will be filled with peace for all. Dee-Marie

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 8:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.firstgov.gov/Citizen/Topics/Asia_Tsunamis.shtml

FirstGov.gov, the official web portal of the U.S. government, is constantly updating its special page covering the earthquake and tsunamis. To access it, go to [2]www.FirstGov.gov. On this page, you'll find timely information you can trust from agencies like the U.S. State Department, currently operating a hotline to help you find out about the welfare and whereabouts of American citizens affected by the disaster (1-888-407-4747 in the U.S. and Canada. Outside those countries, call 202-501-4444).

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 8:37 AM

Information details provided by LISNews.com Daily Newsletter at http://www.lisnews.com/my/messages/

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 10:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.nypost.com/commentary/37436.htm

We need to focus on the disaster, and on the help needed by those affected.

Not on pointing fingers at totally un-related issues.....whether it be presidents or web-sites.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 10:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewLink=193

Hi everyone :) I am sure that we all agree that this was a most horrible and tragic disaster, and we all agree that we can help out in the way that best suits each of us, individually, whatever that may be - from monetary contribution to peaceful thoughts for those who were lost and for the survivors family and friends. Everyone has their own private way of dealing with tragedy. As always, please keep the TOS in mind when posting to this or any thread... **Member/User Conduct:** Members and users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is constructive and respectful of others at all times. Additionally, we would hope that each member/user would do their best to facilitate a culture of collaboration and positive reinforcement, so that we can all share our passion for art while realizing our personal ambitions, and developing friendships. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in this time of great loss. Dee-Marie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.