Sun, Sep 15, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The Rendrosity Newsletter: thoughs about Business and being a community

derjimi ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 6:37 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 10:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2060338

I am very sad the the actual newsletter has lots of advertising containing, but no word of the actual tragedy going on in south asia. This is the sadest catastrophy in our century, with over 100.000 victims and millions of homeless, starving and dying people. Renderosity is a commercial website, but also an international alliance of artists. We all can help and donate, and alsp Renderosity could take part as company. I feel that here is not only a company that is targeting on profit, but a community. And so we should help and donate. Even when it is one single Dollar from each member. I'm sad that Renderosity don't mention this in it's actual newsletter. They could help, and we can help also. Please read my posting in the Community center - see attached link. This is the time to show that we are really a worldwide community, and every small help is very appreciated. We should set a sign and prove that we are artists who are respecting and helping each other, Thanks and take care, Jimi

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 7:10 PM

I posted my .02 in that thread. Thanks Jimi, it is time to move on this.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

pogmahone ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 2:36 AM

In fairness, derjimi, my guess is that the newsletter was put to bed well before the Christmas holidays, and set up to go out automatically on a certain date. Very few people will have been working over Christmas. And probably most people will have given to their local aid agencies by now.......

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 5:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Local agencies are the way to go. Over here communities have either gathered up practical donations or are donating to the offices/shops of major charities, ie: Oxfam, Save the Children. 25mill since the recent event. Plus 50mill from the UK Government.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 10:39 AM

The latest total from the UK public is 60mil. I think that the amounts being given by the general public is putting government's to shame.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.