Thu, Sep 19, 6:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Yet another question - concerning memory upgrades with P5

cyberscape ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 12:33 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:36 PM

I'm planning to get a 1gb stick of RAM within the next week to add to the 256mb that I currently have. As I can recall, isn't there a specific procedure for letting Poser5 know that there is more memory? In other words, will I have to reinstall P5 in order for it to "see" the extra gig of memory? I know CL can probably answer this but, I'd like to know from some of you here who have done this and just what kind of problems I may (or probably will) encounter. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 2:13 AM

Are you on PC with Windows? (If Mac, you will get a different answer). I myself would like to know ANY tricks regarding Poser5 on both Mac and PC with regard to RAM. ::::: Opera :::::

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:59 AM

"As I can recall, isn't there a specific procedure for letting Poser5 know that there is more memory?" No. Just boot your computer as usual.

cyberscape ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:59 AM

Oh yea, I'm on a PC with WinXP. Come to think of it, maybe it was Poser4 that needs the update for 1g+ of RAM? Anyhoo, thanks for the replies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:37 AM

Here you go, from the Curious Labs Web site.: "This memory handling updater will allow Poser 4.03 users who have greater than 1 GB of total memory (RAM + virtual memory = more than 1 GB) to run normally." Notice, total memory, includes both swap file and RAM. However, cyberscape has Poser 5, so this is not relevant. Your computer does a POST (Power On Self Test), in which it will recognize your memory, etc.

satria ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 3:34 PM

I dont know whats wrong with mine , but 2 gigs not giving me faster than 768 ones whats wrong? poser limitation? or winxp setting? poser5 with P4 3ghz , 2gig DDr Pc3200

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 9:19 PM

I am finding that my render time is not much faster with 2Gb as opposed to 1Gb but the handeling of complex scenes while posing and setting up is vastly improved and more stable.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.