Thu, Sep 19, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Got new cam! Can finally practice with f-stop settings

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:05 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 5:53 AM

hi guys!!! Well, at long last, my new cam has arrived (Sony DSC F-828). Whooo-hooo! Now I know why i had no clue about appeture/f-stop. My old cam, as far as i know, didn't have way to manually set f-stop. As soon as i looked at this cam, i see that this one does...as well as manual zoom. sooooo, i'll be able to learn about this more now and hopefully start nailing DOF!!!! thanks guys for all your help on this subject!!!!

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:34 AM

congrats Sheila!! it'll be fun for you to try it out... & fun for us to see :]

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:54 AM

Congrats. on the new camera - I just looked at a review, it certainly looks hugely impressive. Will look forward to your first pics :) Richard.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:14 PM

Be careful! This camera's grandfather (the 707) got me going. Then I was off to the races. Now I have $5000 worth of Nikon equipment. Anohter adict is about to be born!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:48 PM

hey zhounder...the cam i've been using is the 717. not familiar with the 707. 5 grand worth of Nikon equipment??? high 5s kewl!!! i tried out cam tonight and i can tell a difference in the macro mode. focus seems much better, and there's a big difference in colors...much more vivid than with the 717. i'll post a few things in here in just a sec. give you a little preview of what i will upload either tonight or tomorrow. will start new thread....

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:33 AM

Congratulations Sheila.... a very fine camera you've chosen! I have a friend who has one, and he was never much of a shooter before. I've had the opportunity to play around with it a bit, and it's got more buttons than one knows what to do with! Now I hear his children complaining about Dad taking pictures of anything and everything all the time..... and when we go over he's pulling out copies of POP photo to talk to me about articles he's read..... I think zhounder may be right!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 1:45 PM

LOL Chelle!!!! well...i'm already addicted to photography, but i you and Michael may be right!!!! this cam is awesome!!!!! so much better from what i've seen so far. yeah...more buttons and stuff, and normally I'm intimidated by that but not now. looking forward to exploring this new cam and seeing all it can do!!! what fun!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.