Mon, Oct 21, 11:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Converting Clothing and Morphs from Aiko, V3, and David to M3

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 2:38 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:59 PM

file_166851.jpg

Amazing. I have just done my first successful clothing coversion! I converted Aiko's Cat Girl Boots to M3! *glows* How I did it: In brief, I rescaled and positioned the Cat Booties on M3, exported the obj, edited the cr2 to point to the new obj and used GothThigh boots as a donor (but kept the claws morph and the toe welds). Then I loaded the new M3 catboots and applied the JP center pose for m3 and resaved to the Character library. Wa-La! Done! I've also successfuled converted Daz injection head morphs to M3 like the one pictured by using a program called Universeal Morph Transfer. It ran on my Mac under Virtual PC. Fun! Now the headache in converting tradional Japanese clothing made for V3 or SP to M3, like BatLab's Custom Miko tops, and Miko. Converting the Catboots was easy. Tops are another matter because of those pesky Mommy Pillows. :p Urgh. There are so many ways to put big boobs in clothing (magnets, Tailor, Clothing Converter, etc), but what taking them away? Surely this comes in handy for not just M3 but David, Luke and Laura. Is there any way to perform breast reduction surgery on these meshes? I tried magnets, but have not had any luck so far. Any suggestions? Thanks. bB

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 3:00 PM

Looks awesome but sounds very complicated for this dumb blonde to attempt ;-)

Gill

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 5:17 PM
Site Admin

Great job! Do you have a detailed tutorial for the clothes conversions though? I was just trying that today, doing exactly as you outline but when I would load the new sandals (in my case) they wouldn't show up. The name showed on the drop down list below the display window but nothing in the scene. I even checked the Hierarchy window to make sure everything was visible. Also, do you make your own JP center poses (and if so, how? I've been using MAT Pose Edit and hand editing out most parts) or can we find them somewhere?

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 5:41 PM

Thanks. I followed instructions posted here on the forum. Do a search for Clothing Coversion and it'll pull up the instructions. I only used Poser 4 and BBedit to my conversion of CatGirl Boots for M3. As for your sandles, that should be pretty easy to do, but if any one thing is wrong in your CR2, it will cause problems. I suggest you try reverse engineering sandles for the figure you already have. Compare the two CR2 and look for anything that doesn't match. I didn't make the JP pose, but it's shown how to do it here on the forum. You can also download JP poses here: http://www.netherforums.com/nws-utility.htm bB

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 1:08 AM
Site Admin

Thanks, I believe I followed the same instructions as I found here as well, only my new cr2 doesn't show up. I was hoping I'd find a more detailed tut maybe with screen caps of the object export selections, etc. I guess I'll look into one of the utilities next.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.