Fri, Sep 20, 4:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Arranging MTs in a CR2 File?

buck ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 1:07 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 3:45 PM

Can anyone give me a tip on an easy way to arrange morph targets in a CR2 file? POSER always makes the last MT added the top parameter dial. For ease of use I would like to group the MTs (e.g. all "lips" together, all "teeth" together, etc.). Is there a way (or a utility) to do this short of manually editing the CR2? Thanks, Buck

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 1:46 PM

Ditto. Also, in actors with a really big lot of morph targets, such as the Ultramorph Man's head, it would e useful to be able to arrange the morphs into classes: head-movement, ordinary expression morphs, identity-changing morphs, etc, and to be able to collapse each class to one icon and expand it back like with folderfuls of files in Windows Explorer.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 1:56 PM

Open the Hierarchy Editor in Poser4, click "Show All Parameters" then go down the list of MTs under each bodypart and drag them to the position you like.

buck ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 3:43 PM

Thanks, Jeff... That'll do it!! Buck

buck ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 4:20 PM

Oops! Spoke too soon. I drag the MT to a new position and the line shows it to be where I want it, but when I release it, it stays put. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? Buck

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 4:23 PM

It's tricky, try it with one of the default figures first.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2000 at 8:58 PM

I think you can move 'em around with CR2 editor too (they are down in the second listing of the body parts, inside channels, drag the morph to the one you want to place it under). I, myself, always just plan ahead ;)

buck ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2000 at 7:41 AM

Yes, Jim!!! Tried CR2 Editor and it works great! Thanks, Buck PS... Plan ahead?? Like knowing what you want to do before you do it??? How boring! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.