Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Fear of Change Pro Pak to P5 :- (

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 7:22 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:13 PM

Just read guslaw's post below and it prompted me to finally post in regards to the fear I 've had of making the switch to P5 from PP. True Confessions time :-( Just the set up or migration from PP to P5 sounds so confusing and starting all over(setup from scratch) seems so overwelming. It's not so much the learning of the P5 Program it self, but the setting it up that holds me back. Is the setup/migration really that hard? Has someone done a tute on this? (I've been using ProPak for about 2 1/2 years.) I can definately see the vast improvement in the finished product, in many of the P5 produced images and would love to upgrade. Thanks for any feed back.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 7:32 PM

Just point P5 to your PP runtime. Easy. You can always reinstall anything with P5 specific content.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:57 PM

Like my old granny used to say "Sonny, If it a'int broke, don't fix it", of course she said it in spanish.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:39 AM

No migration is necessary, you can link Poser5 directly to the PP runtime & use everything already installed straight away, it just takes a couple of mouse clicks, a quick search & you're all set to go.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Simderella ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 7:18 AM · edited Thu, 13 January 2005 at 7:20 AM

I have both, and went back to PP... P5 is OK, but sloooow to render (i have the latest service packs), I do love the raytracing reflections, but I don't want to wait 3 hours (or more) for something to render, only to find I made an error.. LOL

I guess its what you know, I prefer PP, although i occasionally use P5 if i'm feeling brave, the material room is quite a headache at 1st because it bares no resemblance to what we are used to in PP..

-S-

Message edited on: 01/13/2005 07:20

My Gallery

Tilandra ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 7:35 AM

The material room is what makes P5 enjoyable for me. Instead of flat image files for textures, you can layer them with effects (such as the Real Skin shader). If you've ever used VUE, I find the material building similar in concept, though the interface is substantially different. I had no trouble moving from PP to P5. Multiple runtimes helps a lot with organization. Don't let it overwhelm you. Just like any other task that seems so large you have trouble figuring out where to start, it's a lot easier than you think once you actually dig in. Just do one small step at a time. If you decide to reinstall some items for their P5 content, do it one item at a time, and take the time to go into P5 and play with it for a bit before installing the next one. The ONE thing I've found impossible to deal with in P5 is Victoria3, but that's more to do with how DAZ set up all of her Pose folders with dozens of !DAZ folders instead of any kind of organization. However, that's a problem with PP as well.... it's just that it started to irk me since P5 because I know now that P5 would allow them to organize it more elegantly than how they have it.

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 9:17 AM

I have no speed issues with P5. I perform complex scenes with Raytrace reflections and shadows, and by using proper render settings I find the renders to be faster than P4.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.