Sun, Oct 6, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser texturing problems in Vue5 d'esprit - Please Help!! :)

Dragontales ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 1:54 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:38 AM

I can't believe I'm doing this right. I can't be and still have this problem. I'm creating a scene that uses a poser figure. That figure has one clothing article and one hair prop. When I import the poser scene, I get a grouped figure. I can ungroup the figure into the three separate parts. So far so good. However the materials list for each part after ungrouping still has the full amount of materials for ALL the parts. Question 1 - How do I get rid of material slots within a figure that don't belong to it? ie the bikini materials are still showing up when I have the body selected, or the hair..etc. Next I decide that I need to make some changes to the figure. I'm using d'esprit 5 so the changes are not reflected automatically. I import the new poser scene while keeping the old poser figures (to take off the modified textures) I would think that I should be able to just click and drag the body materials from the old body to the new body, but for some reason the material parts are in a different order now, so that when I apply the old one, the whole thing is messed up. Question 2 - Why does vue change the order of the parts? It makes re-texturing a royal pain in the ass. And is there a way to correct this? Please...any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Dragontales

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 3:32 PM

You can greatly simplify your texturing effort by using the Material Summary (the option is a button with 3 little spheres on the toolbar). from there you can access each material individually. Alternatively, since you are using Vue 5, you can look into one of the new add-ons recently released : Deep Access. This addon should allow you to view a list of materials in the world browser in a different tab for easy access (including a tree view of mixed materials). It also allows you to synchronize Poser objects in Vue after making changes back in Poser, while keeping the texture modifications you made in Vue. You will find more about the module in the Forum FAQ (Link is at the top of this page).

Dragontales ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 1:49 PM

I will most likely be upgrading to 5pro when it comes out, and for now will have to deal with the materials as I have been. I will try the Material Summary as well. For anyone else who may have the same problems, one way I found to get rid of those extra materials is to copy another material that the object does use onto it and it collapses them down to one. Just keep doing that for all the unwanted to materials. Thanks for the help Agiel. Ps - if anyone does have info on why vue does those things as stated in the first post, I'd love to know. :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 10:45 PM · edited Sat, 22 January 2005 at 10:47 PM

One thing you can do...to reduce the mats....if you have EXACT duplicates is drag the the dups' over on on top of the others...It has to be EXACT. IE... I have a tree and there are 3 of the SAME textures(you can tell by the pics in the mat summary) displayed...I just drag the dups 1 on top othe other till I'm down to 1.

Message edited on: 01/22/2005 22:47

Dragontales ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 10:49 PM

yup, I figured that out too. It does help to reduce the texture "trees". Thanks for replying though. :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 10:55 PM

NP...sorry for being a late replyer :(

Dragontales ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 11:01 PM

Never too late. :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 11:14 PM

TY Dragon :)...Have a great evening & happy rendering :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.