Mon, Sep 9, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Just wondering

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 12:56 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:48 PM

I'm not doing research or anything, I was just wondering what frustrates people when they are doing their artwork. Is it the hair, backgrounds, lights or well whatever. Personally hair frustrates me, I've got loads but it always seems to be a compromise. You have to have it, but it often drags down the quality of the final render. Maybe I'm missing something important in the way I use hair, who knows :) Anyway, just curious as to what others think. Take care n have fun John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

anxcon ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 1:21 PM

hair / lights my lighting always sucks :( modeling/posing is great tho :S

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 1:29 PM

Lighting can be a pain, would be great if poser had a point light. I've always found that a single spotlight works well, I bet the good doctor has a tutorial for lighting somewhere. John

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 1:50 PM

loading the @#$% things into Poser in the first place..;) I know that everything has a place, but a lot of these zip files just say 'put this anywhere in Runtime', then don't necessarily work. Poser 4 user..;) Once they work, I'm not having too much trouble, except for getting V3's eyebrows to come out a reasonable color. Haven't tried lately, tho..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 2:32 PM

Having to keep running PBoost over & freakin over....PLEASE..people...put the damn textures where they go in the 1st place...ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 2:51 PM

Clothing. Conforming clothes often don't fit extreme poses or morphed characters. Dynamic clothes are better, but there's a limit to how many dynamic outfits you can put in the scene before Poser chokes.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 3:17 PM

It is a pain when product files don't install properly. I've not had any trouble with things I've got from the MP, but freestuff and other sites is another matter. I've never used PBoost, I havnt lost textures too many times so far :) only when I try to organise my runtime :) Hmmmm do you think people do alot of nudes cos they dont like the clothing options? Ok maybe not ;). If your poser is choking on the cloth sim, it might, just might be a plan to do a simulation, export your cloth at the last frame - remove it from the scene - then do your next one. And so on until the last one. Then import all your simmed clothes back in. They wont react to each other of course :) but it might work. John

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:56 PM

Poser lighting easily wins that one, with product packaging bein' a close 2nd. I can't count the times I've had to go through my libraries & textures to delete .rsr (thumbs)& .bum (bumpmap) files from supposed PP or P5 installations that DON'T NEED THEM!

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

cyberscape ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 1:08 AM

I'd have to say the material room in P5 is my biggest frustration right now. From what I've seen thus far, the node system is quite powerful but, at the same time it's so darn confusing! I guess I'll learn it sooner or later. "PLEASE..people...put the damn textures where they go in the 1st place" Ain't that the TRUTH!! My CPU practically goes into meltdown whenever P5 can't find a texture!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 1:36 AM

dig through the runtimednaP5 exploration forum, hon -- we've got tons of stuff over there about the material room :) ANd plenty of free shader packs, too. Part of the problem with those texture things is that a lot of merchants use pz3's to store stuff as they work on it -- and might change textures several times. Leaves a lot of crud in the file. I'm going to go back to the first one -- hair. almost all of the hair I've bought lately has been enormous and cumbersome in the system. it's like some sort of "bigger and better" thing going on, but it's all the same hairstyle, and no one is going anywhere creative with it in style, only in functions (which, in turn, increase the size). each piece -- tackle them one at a time. Lighting -- read the tutes that are out there and actually try them. Although a point light would be divine, the lighting system in poser is severly underrated by the community.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 6:33 AM

I don't have enough time :( Posering takes time ... installing new goodies takes time ... composing scenes takes time ... and spare time I lack.

cyberscape ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up! And FREE shaders! COOL! I'm heading there now! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 3:34 PM

I quite like the materials room :) not sure I'm very good with it but it is fun :)

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 4:23 PM

For me, the most frustrating thing is not knowing where I want to end up. Lack of inspiration. If I know what I want, I can bully Poser into doing it (usually), and now that I've got Vue I can create decent landscapes for my figures too. Second: illogical placement of items in the runtime, folder pollution. I'd love to see both freestuff and MP items use the P5 hierarchical folder system, especially when the product is P5 specific. You gave me an idea. I'm thinking on writing a tutorial how to package an item for P4, PP and P5 without being redundant, while using the specific possibilities of the different Poser versions.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 4:45 PM

Poor documentation (and that can affect a lot of the problems other folk have listed). So you end up with a conforming item with no clue which figure it's meant for. Or a set of morphs with obscure names, and no real clue what they do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.