Mon, Sep 9, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: EXPERIMENTING WITH THE YALE BRIGHT STAR MAP

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 4:01 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

file_175698.jpg

...attached to a 2d picture plane per lordstormdragon's tut. I am also using a sphere for the moon and dutchman3d's f18 model.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 4:03 AM

I am definitely going to have to remap this to remove the AIR FORCE insignia from the vertical stabilizers.

Claymor ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 4:17 AM

A sphere for the moon? Nice moon map on that one then...

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 4:26 AM

Thanks Claymor. I scoured the web for planetary maps when there was a thread with links posted a year ago or so.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:33 AM

Looks great...where did you get that star map, I scoured google for one just a few images ago, and couldn't find one as good as that. Oh and the moon map site would be good as well please.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 11:08 AM
Forum Moderator

Nicely done!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 11:24 AM

Thanks TheBryster. Chohole I have started a new thread with addys to some planetary maps.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 5:00 AM

Chohole, you can get some awesome stellar backdrops using Universe program or plug-in http://www.diardsoftware.com Good stuff there.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 8:19 AM
Forum Moderator

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 8:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.ViewPages=528

chohole there is a really good tut for making your own in photoshop (or photopaint) here in the tuts area. I did several that way.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 10:30 AM · edited Sat, 29 January 2005 at 10:33 AM

I get damned tired of composing a post and gathering links only to have everything evaporate into thin air the moment I post it! When is renderosity gonna fix this shit??

Message edited on: 01/29/2005 10:33

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 10:32 AM

Attached Link: BEST STARFIELD TUT

Yes, this tut is the bomb.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 11:32 AM

That's a super tut, thanks for posting the link.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 11:51 AM

You're welcome. I would like to thank whoever brought it to my attention, but I have forgotten who it is.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:59 PM

That is a good one!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 6:22 PM

Thank GG! Great tut! ;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 7:23 PM
Forum Moderator

I might actually try this ;-) Many thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.