Fri, Sep 20, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does anyone remember Antoine Clappier's Diamond Tutorial?

steama ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 2:59 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:33 PM

Does anyone remember Antoine Clappier's Diamond Tutorial Viewlet? Does it still exist on the web? Or is it gone for good? Thanks, Steama

steama ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 3:49 PM

file_177743.jpg

I know it is simple. The large circle has 16 vertices at 10 inches --- The second circle has 12 vertices at 5 inches. What I want is that nice uniformed look of the polygons. I tried loft but it is not symetrical as the images shows. Here is an image of how his tutorial turned out.

falconperigot ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 4:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vizualds.com/content/view/36/48/

Brian has a text version on his VisualDS site.

steama ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 5:02 PM

Perfect, Thank you Mark! Stan

gavotte ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 10:23 PM

file_177744.jpg

I am surprised at the sudden interest in diamonds. Do you think it may have something to do with Valentines Day coming up in 2 weeks?

You might want to consider using this map for building your diamond. The facets are more like what you would see in a real diamond and it is not any harder to build.

I found this out on the Web somewhere but, unfortunately, I cannot recall where or else I would give credit where credit is due.

groucho3D ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 5:07 AM

Want some free models of cut stones then try: http://www.3dlapidary.com/Home.htm and other interesting stuff. Groucho

steama ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 11:04 AM

Thanks guys, This is great. Appreciated, Stan

Ringo ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 6:40 PM

I have a viewlet version of the tutorial I will post later. Ringo

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:24 AM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 3:24 AM

Ringo-

Let me know when you have it done. I'll post it on my site, with the text version. Brian

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 03:24

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.