Sun, Oct 6, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Morf Manager 4 bloating files.

FreeBass ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 2:56 PM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:06 AM

OK, so I has a V3 w/ custom morfs saved as a morfed character. 15-ish Megs. I open her up in MM to quickly set all morfs to zero. Save file. 165 Megs!!! I zero all morfs by hand in Poser the hard way. 11-ish Megs. As a test, I open Aiko3 blank in MM. 768K. Do nothing & save. 1.12 Meg! I can't see it savin' external geometry, 'cuz the A3 obj is 8 Megs. WTF goin' on?

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 3:03 PM

Morph manager 4 does make files bigger, if you load the v3 into poser and save it to a library, it will make the file much smaller again.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 5:22 PM

I've experienced some Syntax Format Alteration in the way MM writes a Poser File VS. other means, but never noticed the size increase. I figure the alterior way works so why bother Mr. X with it? He's working oin a lot of Big ideas for this program like loading multiple Figure to a Target at once, and doing so through comopression archives! If anyone would care to pinpoint how the alteration is I'd take it up to him? = )

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 12:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.globetown.net/~kim99/tool/CR2Builder/02k/indexe.html

CR2Builder doesn't bloat files. It also uses a very efficient method of opening CR2s without actually loading the morph deltas into memory, so it won't become sluggish when working with large files. The UI may be a bit daunting for first-time users, but it offers a lot of power, including macros and find-and-replace.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:22 PM

A bit..., I do'nt think it has half that of MM4, it's just that simple! = )

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 4:48 PM

MM4 bloats files because it replaces tab stops with line space characters. As xantor says, if the file is a cr2 you can load and resave it in the Poser interface, poser will replace the space characters with tab stops.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.