Mon, Oct 21, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: HELP! Parenting hands to a prop

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 8:39 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Sigh... I read somewhere a long time ago that you can parent a figures hands to a prop, with IK on, and then the hands will move with the prop when you drag it. When I try this my character's hands EXPLODE. Can anyone give me a step by step on how this is supposed to work. I tried Changing object parent (explosion) and figure parent (whole figure moves not just arms) Thanks

galactron22 ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 9:16 AM

Its not the hand that you parent to then prop, that's why the hands explode, you can't parent a character to a prop. What you have to do is parent the prop to the hand.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 9:27 AM

The thing is I need BOTH hands to move with the object

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 10:01 AM

If the object is a gun, I do this: Pose the man holding the gun. Parent the gun to the msn's chest. Set both his arms to IK-on. IK-parent his hands to the gun: i.e. for each hand: select the hand and then call menu "object, set parent".

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 10:54 AM

Nothing worked until I IK-parented the left hand to the right hand then parented the prop to the right hand. whew, that was an annoying problem. Thanks for trying to help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.