Sat, Sep 21, 2:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: 72 billion polys? lol, how?

Dagfari ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 8:44 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 5:18 AM

Of course I'm refering to the pic along side the description of Vue Infinite. I seem to run OOM pretty fast, am I doing something wrong? Should Vue 5 be getting high poly counts like this or is this something new?

impish ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 4:35 AM

Could be something new in V5I. There are a wide variety of tricks they could be using including automatic variable level of detail depending on distance from the camera and instancing objects so there isn't an actual model in memory for every copy of the same object that appears.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

war2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 6:08 AM

mm v5I is alot more efficient then v5e and has several new features/enhancements.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.