Thu, Sep 19, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:38 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Which one is best for 3D graphics AMD or INTEL?

levani3d ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 12:07 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

Could you please tell me which one is best for 3D graphics AMD or Intel?

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 9:04 AM

Well I hear that Mac's are the best for graphics, but I own a PC. My personal preference is AMD. I've had Intel's in the past, but for the last 5 years have been running an AMD, and like it a lot better (of course I have more speed than I did back then, so that could be a contributing factor as well). But all in all, I find I have way less problems with my AMD system over Intel. Deb

Debbie M.

keyze ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 12:14 PM

I am using an AMD 1700 and building a new AMD 30* machine. Trying to make up my mind if I am willing to go all the way up. I don't think I will ever go back to the Pentium again.

keyze ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 12:14 PM

I am using an AMD 1700 and building a new AMD 30* machine. Trying to make up my mind if I am willing to go all the way up. I don't think I will ever go back to the Pentium again.

Radlafx ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 2:42 PM

Mac and nothing else.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

kenben ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:17 PM

The only problem I've heard of is that AMD processors tend to run hot. If you have a good cpu cooler then no problem.

bjergtrold ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 4:54 AM

The only problem I've heard of is that AMD processors tend to run hot. If you have a good cpu cooler then no problem. Not anymore, the 90nm Athlon 64 (Winchester) is way cooler than a Pentium 4.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 4:20 PM

I'm another who has a personal preference for AMDs. AMD puts special stuff for graphics in their processors.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

FrenchToast ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 4:22 PM

My new computer has the Athlon 64 bit... however, it also has three fans... heh. I'm no expert on computers, but I think that if you have a good video card that either one would work fine.

My new computer has the Athlon 64 bit... however, it also has three fans... heh. I'm no expert on computers, but I think that if you have a good video card that either one would work fine.

keyze ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:30 PM

Yes the video card is very important. That is where I spent a large chunk of change. I went with the Radeon All In Wonder, also spent the bucks to go all the way with that. If you don't want to capture video you can go a little cheeper but don't skimp to much on the speed and quality. Very important. Your kids will love you for it to. It makes gaming a lot of fun. Back a while ago they were experimenting with water cooling in the tower. I did not keep up with it though because I really would worry about my electronics getting wet. Has any one tried that? I would like to hear how it went.

dlb ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:03 PM

I've got a AMD 3000+ with 512 of ram and 160gb of HD.I'v been happy with the speed but tried to add more ram to match my existing memory but had incompatibility issues.The result was that the computer recognizd the ram but one of my paint programs would not open for some reason...so I took it back.I also have an integrated video card.In the future when I add an additional 3d program I might consider a higher end card and also pay more money for a higher quality ram.

db

FrenchToast ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 8:54 PM

Mine prints messages three times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.