Tue, Oct 22, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Poser Secret # 1 for Curious Labs...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:18 PM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 2:45 AM

I don't need to express my thoughts or feelings about Poser 6 and the pre-order hype, I think other people are covering those concerns quite well and I will let my money (or lack of it) do the talking this time. However, in the hype department, I think the best thing that Curious Labs could've done (and could do) is rather than post something like "Poser Secret #whatever" that they do something like this... ***** Poser Function #2 Rendered Depth of Field - After loading the figure or scene into Poser 6, you can now select the "Depth of Field" check box in your render settings. Doing this, the application will measure the focal length of the figure (or scene) in relation to the camera angle and position... ***** Or something like that, where the hype about the product is also an informative tutorial that explains the value of that feature and how it can be accomplished. This would solidify the value (if any) that Poser 6 might have over previous versions or competitors and it would also go a long way to enticing potential customer into purchasing the product. Just my thoughts, Jack PS: Posted elsewhere to helpfully create exposure and help CL.

GWeb ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:54 PM

I like CL's hype. It got my attention and want to preorder it. OpenGL has been in CuriousLabs' closet for so long time. I am sure it will shine hair and clothing better than P5.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:56 PM

Hey, hype's good, but the facts are better. Me, I'd like to know more before selling any body parts or juvenile dependants -- whoops, don't got any of the latter, unless my cat counts -- to buy it.

Barryw ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:21 PM · edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:24 PM

You know that bratty little kid down the street?? Use him....

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 20:24

Barryw ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:25 PM

Besides, pretty good chance I won't be able to use it for like 6 months after the pc folks get it. :(

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:36 PM

LOL! That's my cousin, Mom'd kill me -- assuming there was anything left after my aunt got thru with me! As for the other, yeesh, that sucks. :-(

GWeb ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:56 AM

I just preordered Poser6!! I won't regret it.

FreeBass ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:33 AM

Total agreement here, Jack

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:17 AM

I'm gonna have to wait for a while & pay the heavily inflated price :( but I will be buying it no matter what. ps. Informative would have been nice but hype is ok too.

Message edited on: 02/18/2005 07:17

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.