Mon, Sep 23, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity Policy

jbeauvais ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:17 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:00 AM

Hi all, I recently started posting some of the images I have worked on. I like renderosity alot and I have been inspired to post some stuff in order to get some great feedback from people who know. I have been using Photoshop to color and have been having fun. I was informed by a renderosity moderator that I needed written permission and proof there of, from the original line art artist. I'm not an artist I take no credit for there work and I certainly don't want to offend or misuse anyone. My question is how difficult is it to get permission from someone and what do I do if I don't know who drew the pencils or remember where I got them?. And how strict are the moderator's? will they really pull my images? I just want to get some advice so I can get better at painting, but I don't want to get in trouble. Thanks, Joe

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:25 AM

Yes, we will pull your images if you don't have proof of permission to use someone else's work. If you don't know or can't remember the original artist of a piece, then you cannot post it in the galleries here. As to how easy it is to get permission, that will vary depending on who you approach. Some artists are happy for others to build on their work, others don't like it. You'll have to start sending out mails and go from there :-) Hope that helps. Karen Renderosity Moderator

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

bevchiron ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 11:33 AM

Attached Link: Comics corner forum

Hi Joe Karen already answered your question so I'll just add a suggestion that you ask in the Comics forum, someone there may have line work they are happy for you to use or know where you could find work to use legitimately. Worth a try anyway ; )

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Mahray ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:59 AM

The reason that images will be pulled is that without permission, it is a copyright violation, which can get quite nasty. A lot of artist who post in the copyright forum here would give permission, but when people steal their work, they get understandably annoyed).

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.