Fri, Sep 20, 7:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Experment #2

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 1:54 PM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 3:33 PM

file_188118.jpg

I'm posting one more pic here to see if I got the hang of blending two photos together.. And then I'll get out of your hair :) Thanks for all the help on the first one.. All comments and opinons are welcomed..

Onslow ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 2:17 PM

This looks great to me - I don't know anything much about blending, so I am watching your experiments with interest and learning ;)

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

LostPatrol ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 4:03 PM

The blending looks good but IMO it looks a little out of place. What software are you using? Sorry never saw the first post I have been away.

The Truth is Out There

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 7:49 PM

i'm watching with interest and learning too! like LP, i think the blending looks good but i'm trying to understand the image. it does looks a little out of place to me too. i might help to know a little bit about what you're trying to say/convey/show with this one. i do think you've done an awesome job with the blending. i still can't do that. sigh

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:15 PM

I don't mean to confuse anybody :) I think all I'm trying to do is get the blending down. I have to get more selective with my choice of photos maybe. Again I'm sorry tvernuccio wish I could help,but I only work in Photoshop and I don't think I'd ever want to work in anything else. I'm also not sure what's meant by out of place?

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:46 PM

out of place...well, maybe it's because i'm not seeing a DOF. i'm not sure if that's it or not. it's hard to explain. i wonder if you try to blur the background a little to give it some DOF if that might help. dunno. and i guess the other part of it is that it almost seems like there are two focal points here...the flower and then also that winding road. it's like i don't know what you're trying to show with this image. do you want us to focus on the flower or the road? or maybe you want BOTH to be in focus. i think if i saw the DOF i would feel less confused?? the other part that's a bit distracting is the upper right hand corner. if it were me doing this image, i would first ask myself what i want my viewers to focus on... do i want their eye to go down that winding road, or do i want them to be drawn into the center of the flower. i hope I didn't confuse you or make you feel lost. i'm just a hobbyist trying to hone my photography skills. i just try to tell you as best i can what comes across when i look at your image. hopefully someone else with more experience that i will be able to give you some good advice! keep on pluggin' away!!! you're doing great!!!

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:00 PM

Ok. I see your point.. Sometimes I get so focus on one area that I forget to look at the whole image. And being tired doesn't help. I think I'll sleep on it and see what it looks like in the mourning... :)

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:51 PM

the hardest part for me in combining photos... is choosing them... & then... it just clicks, but most of the time i'm cutting them out to put in collage form... using transparencies is harder i do believe... Sylvaine does some excellent work in transparencies & combining images... hmmm... Michelle once posted a link/website to a photographer who also does them... wish i could remember it to show you

i can only guess here... but the big flower is a detail of what's on that tree? & that is what you're trying to show... Sheila makes a good point

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:23 AM

I think I made mistake starting this (I'M SUPPOSE TO BE SLEEPING) Ok.. I tried it again. This time with a little more thought into the final results. One thing I'm sorry for.. If I'm asking for opinions I should be showing both photos.

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:25 AM

file_188120.jpg

Oops.. Forgot the photos

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:26 AM

file_188121.jpg

Not finished yet. I'm going to try that sleep thing again..

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:31 AM

file_188123.jpg

Oh. Yea.. The other pic. (Yawn)

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:47 AM

file_188124.jpg

This might be close to my final image

tvernuccio ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:52 AM

LOL! get some sleep BusyB!!! i like that butterfly looking into another world! It's a wonderful idea! I think you've done some great stuff here! there are a couple of things that i would clean up though if it was me. at the top of the image i find what looks to be part of another butty that has been cut off. i find that to be a bit distracting and would blend it in somehow or erase it out. Also, the deep blue leaves on and around the butterfly distract me a bit too. if it were me, i would work on that part so it doesn't show. i enjoy seeing your experiments! i learn from them!!!

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 9:34 AM

@tvernuccio.. Don't know how I missed the butty on top.. That has to go.. I'm still working on getting a smooth blend between the two photos... This is going to take a little while to figure out..

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 9:40 AM

Have you used the diferent blending modes like softlight etc?

The Truth is Out There

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 9:51 AM

now that one looks pretty dang cool!! :D

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:27 AM

file_188125.jpg

Ok.. I think it's starting to shape up.. I'm going to give a short discription on what I'm doing because somebody might be able to suggest a better way and Onslow and tvernuccio mentioned they would also like to learn.. Ok .. I removed the top butty and the distracting leaves with the clone tool and I also took LostPatrol's advice and used the softlight blending mode.. So what do you think.. Feel free to add anyother suggestions :)

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:31 AM

I really like this one(butterfly) - I do think these two images go together better to make a whole scene. Apart from the dark bit at the top which you have said you want to take out - to my untrained eye this looks fabulous. :)

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:43 AM

Looking good, just one thing I would point out is that where you have cloned the hut you can still see a little of the redness at the bottom of it. Might be a good idea to clone a tree/trees there instead?

The Truth is Out There

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:36 PM

file_188126.jpg

Ok.. Here's another :)

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:56 PM

Yes IMO that looks much better, the hut before looked a little odd (to me anyway) OK got to go out, happy posting. Oh yes and get some sleep lol !!

The Truth is Out There

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:04 PM

Ok.. I think this is ready to post.. And I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.. Thanks for all the help everybody.. I think I'll see if I can put together another.. only this time I'll try to camplete it before I show you...

tvernuccio ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 4:36 PM

hey...lookin' great!! u get any sleep?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.