Mon, Oct 21, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Hey Darth, How do you do it?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2001 at 12:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 3:59 PM

What a talent! How do you turn out so much quality? So many true artists here in one place just amazes me - but Darth, you always make my jaw drop in awe. My only wish is that I find a mentor who can move me from frustration to production. I can see all these projects in my mind, yet, when that document window comes up I can't seem to find a starting point. I can't be the only newbie here who gets stuck and/or sidetracked so easily. How long is this Poser learning curve? And can determination win over talent? If it weren't for the tutorials, I'd be so damn lost... Maybe just being among you all will elevate me to the next level.

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2001 at 4:22 PM

Hey, thanks! Um...I'm just home for lunch right now, but I'll be back later to answer this as best as I can. -Darth

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2001 at 8:40 PM

Lots of people ask me how to do celebrity morphs. Well, I usually start off with a clean Vicky and work with the standard issue morphs and standard texture. Now, I select the head and go down the morph list tweaking each morph backwards and forwards until I've gone through them all and I have a resemblence. Then, I go tweak again, really looking for what needs more and what needs less. Then, there's usually one or two features that stump me, and then I will search the morph library on the HD for something that sounds like it will work for me. When it doesnt, I then go for magnets. Sometimes, you need to re-arrange the face so the eyes are higher, or farther apart, and to do this I select Magnet properties and tell the magnet to also include the left and right eye, so that whatever I do affects them to in equal porportion. That is the typical way I "DO it" Now, I'm up to a new level. Last Night I spent a huge amount of time organizing my morph collection and then I loaded them all (Minus some turkeys that didn't really do anything) onto "SuperMorphVicky" beta prototype. Also loaded are my previous character morphs. Now, I can pick a morph I've already done that I think makes a framework on a new person. For example, New Bettie Page was .333 Old Bettie Page, .333 Marilyn Monroe, and .333 something else I can't remember with just a small touch of tweaking after that. My "Willow" Character was based on Marilyn Monroe though Willow looks nothing like marilyn...I simply "Saw" the face I was going for in the one I already had. So, that Is how I do it. I hope that helps. Happy Morphing! -Darth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.